*best* tuner in North Carolina??

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Hey guys

I've recently sold my other car for a couple bucks, was an old beater. But I've been toying around with the idea of either getting a bike or finishing up a big 'arc' on the supra.

Little history:

The car is basically BPU if you will. Albert's ct2658 mated to Raptor Racing DP, Driftmotion exhaust. Apexi intake. Koyo radiator. Driftmotion intercooler/Tial bov. And other knick knacks.

Now as you can see, I do not have any fuel supporting mods. No fuel pump, no Fuel pressure regulator, no injectors, and most importantly, no tuning software.

So with the money I got with selling my other car, I can finally now afford injectors, pump, pressure regulator and my dream, AEM v2 ecu.

I understand that a stand alone may be excessive with this set-up but quite frankly, I've been killing for a v2 ecu from AEM, thanks to aaron at DM it is now plug and play.

I'm also tired of the random bogging down, and occasional stalling with the blow off valve.

So by going aem route, I can now do away with the AFM, not that it's a bad ting, just now not necessary, and go with the general gm map sensor i suppose along with iat sensor.

So My goal is a nice safe conservative tune at 15 pounds (I'm not running metal headgasket, but I do have arp studs in now) so I'm not looking for crazy numbers really, but yet more or less longevity with this motor until I can afford my final 'arc'

I figure by getting the aem now, that will pretty much be the best of the best with what *I* plan on doing with this car, not shooting for like 800hp so no need for like Haltech or motec ecu's if you will.

So couple questions, does all this sound pretty solid, like a pretty good basis so far?

Anything I should think about doing now as well?

I would kill for a FFIM set-up, but I definitely don't have the money for that right now, so the stock set-up will have to do for now.

So with all that said, and I apologize for spelling and grammar, I've also paraphrased on a lot of what I wanted to say, buttt i'm about to head out.

Does anybody know a not good, but fantastic tuner in north carolina?

Willing to travel so maybe even surrounding states.

If you had to have a 7m tuned with an AEM v2 ecu, who would Supramania suggest, that's what it comes down too.

Thank you very much for reading all that and I hope we can all come up with an answer along with some nice suggestions!!

-dan

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I'm very interested in this as well as seeing I'll have almost the exact same setup. ct2657, 550 RC injectors, AFPR, AEM EMS v2, walbro 255, DM IC kit, apexi intake, DM dp and catback.

NCMK3

Dec 19, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Majestic is a well known shop on the east coast... Their white supra is in the 1600+ whp range and they won the dyno at TX2k12 with both their supras...they are great with the JZ motors but haven't really scene them do many 7Ms, Ive seen them tune a guy Brandon on here and he put down 500+ at their shop on his 7m

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
I was thinking about them. I had checked out there website a while back and just recently.

Seems they do good work and seems to be a pretty reputable shop.....But..

I want someone with 7m knowledge, experience, ideas. I don't just want to take my car to a shop that might be able to get a decent base tune and call it a day.

I prefer to get someone that knows what they are doing with the 7m set-up ya know.

I understand they do supras quite frequently there, but it's all jz motors it seems.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
There's a guy on here that lives in pittsboro NC with us that seems really well versed in the 7m. Maybe he might be able to help you, or if not then at least point you in the right direction. I think he owns the site supratrucks.com and has a well built and tuned 7m truck and 2jz truck. I really can't think of his name atm.