Best place for CT upgrade?

Boost_happy

breakin it sideways!
Dec 28, 2005
Boise, ID
:1zhelp: who's the best place i can send my CT off to have a bigger compressor put in it? send me a message if you have one you would like to sell or know of a good place:naughty:

thanks,
chris

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
Don't mean to steal your thread but I was just wondering where and how much to do a full turbo rebuild, with stock trim. Mine's starting to develope a bit of play in the shaft so I need to know how much to save for when it does die.

N

NDBoost

solid400 said:
Don't mean to steal your thread but I was just wondering where and how much to do a full turbo rebuild, with stock trim. Mine's starting to develope a bit of play in the shaft so I need to know how much to save for when it does die.
about $300 if your looking to have someone do it for you.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
i sent mine to preformance tecniques in san bernardino ca. put a 50 trim in for me. they will do everything from stock re-build to like a 60 trim.

Feb 1, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
souprat said:
i sent mine to preformance tecniques in san bernardino ca. put a 50 trim in for me. they will do everything from stock re-build to like a 60 trim.

i heard that they do some excellent work and have considered sending my ct-26 there for an upgrade.

i would suggest them from what i have heard from numerous people

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
souprat said:
Ditto

but call them. email is not the best form of communication with them. talk to them on the phone, tell them your goals, they will suggest the best upgrade for you. then you decide what upgrade you want.
it's around $475 (sogi discount)
http://www.turbonetics.com
909-824-1020

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Try Steve Vangst on this forum, he is also on SF. He does a good job at the upgrades. Just remember that anytime a price is quoted for an upgrade, that it means that you must have a good condition core to upgrade. No core usually means 150 to 200 more dollars. And if the shaft is bent in your core your looking at 75 to 100 more dollars for a new shaft.

N

NDBoost

suprarich said:
Try Steve Vangst on this forum, he is also on SF. He does a good job at the upgrades. Just remember that anytime a price is quoted for an upgrade, that it means that you must have a good condition core to upgrade. No core usually means 150 to 200 more dollars. And if the shaft is bent in your core your looking at 75 to 100 more dollars for a new shaft.
although i have nothing against Steve and i have heard MANY good things about him. I received a turbo from him that was defective, then again he sent it to a shop local to him to have the work done because he was moving.

Im not sure he does the upgrades or rebuilds anymore.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
souprat said:

The ONLY place to have it done IMO