bee r rev limtier help!

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
hey sm i bought a bee r rev limiter i followd all the steps to put it and and i got nothing not even a light up, my supra is a 1990 the ecu pinouts i found for this was pre 89 is there any for post 89, did i just hook it up wong this is wat i did

Red-(tried two diffrent things)B+ and the battery nothing
green-NE
yellow-igf
black-( tried two diffrent things) body, negative terminal
white-ebrake

i even switched the green and yellow i got nthingg can someone please help me thank you!

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
Ok I have been threw this.

Hook red to B+
Yellow to green IGT
Green to blue NE
Black to frame ground
White to ebrake or flat foot shifting if you convert the + signal to - signal using a relay with the clutch switch
The white wire has to be grounded before it will work. If you are having trouble put the white wire to a frame ground for testing purposes. You might have it wrong on your ebrake switch.
Set the three dials to 666 across the board and hold throttle to floor and see if it works.

Last edited:

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
thanks so much im going to try tommrow

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

89supracrazy;1683093 said:
Ok I have been threw this.

Hook red to B+
Yellow to green IGT
Green to blue NE
Black to frame ground
White to ebrake or flat foot shifting if you convert the + signal to - signal using a relay with the clutch switch
The white wire has to be grounded before it will work. If you are having trouble put the white wire to a frame ground for testing purposes. You might have it wrong on your ebrake switch.
Set the three dials to 666 across the board and hold throttle to floor and see if it works.

and instead of ebrake i wanted to put it to my clutch which wire is that??

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
89supracrazy;1683416 said:
You can actually hook to both. I don't know how much you know about relays, so let me know so I don't go into detail. Here is the print. You need to hook the white wire from bee r to the black/yellow stripe wire on the clutch switch. Keep in mind that is a positive voltage and you need to convert it to a negative signal. It you don't bye bye bee r.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=038

im not to big into relays but my brother is if u can help me out im sure i can figure it out and thanks again man

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
1988_supra;1683529 said:
im not to big into relays but my brother is if u can help me out im sure i can figure it out and thanks again man

Do you have a 12 volt relay. If not go to radio shack or somewhere and pick one up. It don't have to be high amperage. A 10 amp relay will be fine. If you have one you can take a picture of it and post it here and I will help you with the pin layout. Make sure you take a picture of the spades with the numbers beside of them and the diagram on the outside of the relay.

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
89supracrazy;1683944 said:
Do you have a 12 volt relay. If not go to radio shack or somewhere and pick one up. It don't have to be high amperage. A 10 amp relay will be fine. If you have one you can take a picture of it and post it here and I will help you with the pin layout. Make sure you take a picture of the spades with the numbers beside of them and the diagram on the outside of the relay.

alright ill get one asap

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
I dont understand why a relay is needed for this. It should be as simple as connecting one wire from the clutch start switch to ground and connecting the other to the white wire from the Bee-r, then bypassing the clutch switch so you can still start the car. You should probably bypass the clutch switch anyways as it puts unneeded stress on the thrust washer in the engine if using an upgraded clutch, which I hope the OP is anyways if he is trying to launch his car.
Please excuse my crude drawing.
attachment.php

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
Scruggs86.5T;1684179 said:
I dont understand why a relay is needed for this. It should be as simple as connecting one wire from the clutch start switch to ground and connecting the other to the white wire from the Bee-r, then bypassing the clutch switch so you can still start the car. You should probably bypass the clutch switch anyways as it puts unneeded stress on the thrust washer in the engine if using an upgraded clutch, which I hope the OP is anyways if he is trying to launch his car.
Please excuse my crude drawing.
attachment.php

You would want to bypass the clutch switch. Why? That is there for safety. Lets make a example, say you was at walmart parking lot and there is a car in front of you. Next you forgot to push the clutch in and you have it in gear. Whoops I just caused a accident just because I bypassed something that Toyota put there for a reason. That is not good thinking in my book but oh well different strokes for different folks I guess. Sometimes it is better to add than to take away. LOL

Last edited:

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
89supracrazy;1684328 said:
You would want to bypass the clutch switch. Why? That is there for safety. Lets make a example, say you was at walmart parking lot and there is a car in front of you. Next you forgot to push the clutch in and you have it in gear. Whoops I just caused a accident just because I bypassed something that Toyota put there for a reason. That is not good thinking in my book but oh well different strokes for different folks I guess. Sometimes it is better to add than to take away. LOL

The reason to bypass the clutch safety switch when using an upgraded clutch and pressure plate is that when the clutch is depressed it puts stress on the thrust bearings in the engine. The thrust bearings have no direct oiling or any direct oil pressure they are feed oil from bleed off from the main bearing that they are on either side of. To add to the oiling problem, they are positioned in a vertical orientation and oil drains off pretty rapidly. Now add a prolonged period of not running and during start up, there is a period of time when there is very little to no oil film in the thrust bearings and having the crank under a pretty high thrust load during cranking from the clutch adds to excessively fast wear rates. Some people have actually experienced crank walk from this. So save your engine or teach yourself to remember to make sure you car is in neutral before you start it, make sure the ebrake is on. Really if the OP wanted to he could rewire this with a "Relay" to go ebrake if he was that worried about not remembering to have it in neutral when starting.
I guess it's really up to the OP though. Just throwing some information out there, wasn't a direct attack at you.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
^ No problem. I just don't like to see people bypassing safety features. If that suites you then so be it. I want give any info. to someone that might endanger them or someone else.