+Bee*R rev limiter Installation Guide (JZA70 specific)

Xistant

xistant
Jun 6, 2005
melbourne
sds
alrighty saves people scratching there heads when they finally want to install one of theres babies due to japanese instructions and shit english on there website, in all honestly the installation is quite basic a 10yr old could do it blind folded :)

anyhow

bee*R website state the below to install it onto a toyota.... (talk about being generalised) so using the below install diagram
t02hs5um3.jpg

they are asking you to splice in to IGF & NE for your signals then your basics for making the unit operate.

BEE*R limiter wire colours and what they do:

RED
Please refer to the pinout diagram below, and connect it to the designated vehicle's ECU B+.

BLACK
Connect this wire to theh vehicle's chassis' earth/ground contact, or the the vehicle's battery earth/ground terminal.

YELLOW
This wire is for the RPM signal. this is IGF on the below jza70 ecu pinout

GREEN
This wire is for the ignition signal. but for us jza70 users thats NE on the below pinout.

WHITE
This wire is for the side brake switch signal. jsut needs a ground input (re via a switch, hanbrake [or use it as for flat shifting via clutch]) this doesnt have to be used if you don't want too this is used for dial "REV 2" for launch control.

p1053945_1.jpg

using the above pinout:
1.) connect/splice yellow (NE) wire from rev limiter to X17 (X being plug type, 17 being pin on diagram above) *NOTE PLEASE SHIELD YOUR CONNECTION*

2.) connect/splice green (IGF) wire from rev limiter to U12 (U being plug type, 12 being pin on diagram above)*NOTE PLEASE SHIELD YOUR CONNECTION*

3.) connect/splice red (+12v) wire from rev limiter to T12 (T being plug type, 12 being pin on diagram above)

4.) connect black wire from rev limiter to ground or X24 (X being plug type, 24 being pin on diagram above)

**NOTE** all connects need only to be joined do not disconnect signal to ecu or engine this is only an interuption device

image5mk0.jpg

BEE*R dial settings and features below:

REV-1:
To set up standard RPM (your new REV LIMIT).
0 2500
1 3000
2 3500
3 4000
4 4500
5 5000
6 5500
7 6000
8 6500
9 7000
A 7500
B 8000
C 8500
D 9000
E 9500
F 10000

REV-2:
The white wire / white dial for launch control. It works using an external switch or signal ( inputting a negative signal).

GAIN:
Controls the engine RPM cut off setting. For example, 0 is off, and 1 through to F is the adjustment range. The standard initial setting is 6. The lower the number the quicker the cut.
e.g. 1 = bababababa through to F = BANG!!!... BANG!!!... IF you set the GAIN to 0 the limiter wil not function.

[video=youtube;jP5dDWCs0f4]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jP5dDWCs0f4[/video]
in-cabin vid (phone spec)

[video=youtube;s6qD3AWT5I8]http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6qD3AWT5I8[/video]
night time outside car (ignore the "damn" knob!)

Xistant

xistant
Jun 6, 2005
melbourne
sds
[video=youtube;jP5dDWCs0f4]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jP5dDWCs0f4[/video]
in-cabin vid (phone spec)

[video=youtube;s6qD3AWT5I8]http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6qD3AWT5I8[/video]
night time outside car (ignore the "damn" knob!)

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
queenskid926;1285417 said:
ok it may be a dumb question but im sure im not the only that wants to know, Can you use this for the 7m? Is it universal?

Yes, it is a universal "Rev Limitter", but it is my understanding that the instructions included (and via the website) are in Japanese, like so many other products; this is a 1JZ specific writeup.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Got my Bee *R working as far as rev limiter. Trying to get the launch control working now. I found the clutch safety sensor/switch on the clutch pedal, the problem is that it is not connected, and there are no wires/plugs down there (thanks to previous owner). can I just connect ground wire to the sensor, and splice white wire (bee R) to it ? also, which one is a negative terminal on the sensor? I see a triangle (or A) looking symbol on the left and an F looking one on right.