BC Cam advance.

kwatso23

Jul 11, 2010
Mid north coast
Guys, I've hit up the sticky on BC cams already and got no response so I thought I'd give it another go here.
I've recently rebuilt my N/A 7M with BC 264 cams and vernier cam gears and I am planning to hit the dyno very soon.
I was curious to know what sort of advance any of you guys were running on your cams and what cam pin you had them set on.
Any help you could give me would be really appreciated.
Cheers

kwatso23

Jul 11, 2010
Mid north coast
I did see the previous post and my cams are set somewhere similar for the time being.
I was just wondering what sort of cam advance/retardation-timing combo's other people were running so that I'd have somewhere to start on the dyno.
Most of the posts on the sticky mention that the car goes well but that's it. I was just curious about the sort of figures that other people were pulling and what combo they were running.
Cheers for the response tho.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Its funny that everyone is posting their specs to where their cams are set. Did you guys degree them with a dial indicator?

You know every single motor is different depending on how much the block/head has been decked, thickness of head gasket, valve lash, and then not every single cam is cast the same.

I recently did a customers set of 272's, Intake was off by 1 degree, exhaust was off by 10