barret-jackson and us

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
do you think any of our cars will ever cross the auction block someday... i'm just watching the show on speed channel and thinking that.

anyway any thoughts,

ross

LoveMy7MGTE

Nov 24, 2005
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
ross1 said:
do you think any of our cars will ever cross the auction block someday... i'm just watching the show on speed channel and thinking that.

anyway any thoughts,

ross

I dunno, I personaly believe mk3's will make their way there, but not for another decade or two

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I duno but Im sick of speedvision, nascar and barrett jackson.... Replay of the replay of the replay of the replay of the reply. Then slow motion, and ENHANCED replays. Then live coverage of the year in review of the replays. Then replays revisited. Then its the year in replays in review.

Bah kill me already.

Speedvision sucks now unless its like 1am.

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
I was just watching that show! They auctioned off a 1967 shelby cobra it went for like 400k+! I can see it but not soon, I just don't see a Toyota ending up on that show...

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
MDCmotorsports said:
I duno but Im sick of speedvision, nascar and barrett jackson.... Replay of the replay of the replay of the replay of the reply. Then slow motion, and ENHANCED replays. Then live coverage of the year in review of the replays. Then replays revisited. Then its the year in replays in review.

Bah kill me already.

Speedvision sucks now unless its like 1am.
yuppp..nothing but freaking replays..TV's suck nowadays...

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
iirc a very rare MKII did years ago never saw the footage but there was buzz going around celciasupra.com ill see if i can find that post. and post back here

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I've been kind of watching that on and off this weekend. They sold the very first brand new GT500 Mustang for $600,000, and another Stang went for like half a million. All the Mopars are going for big bucks as well. It's nuts, some people have to much money.

LoveMy7MGTE

Nov 24, 2005
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
some people deffinatly have too much money. Even if I had that kind of cash, I wouldnt buy a car some1 else restored, I'd much rather buy it junked and fix it myself. Shit just has more sentimental value when you put in the wrench time yourself. It's easier to take pride in a vehical you put all the work into, then a car you just bought. Its kind of sickening. just my 10 cents on the subject. And I'm with him ^^^^^^ MkIII just arent classics yet, just give em some time and their value will start going up again, they're getting rarer every day. Everyday another one is wrecked or parted out it seems.

AR_91SupraTurbo

Jan 2, 2006
Fayetteville, AR
www.facebook.com
even if you drive a 86 supra, it will be a classic in 2036. If the 50 year rule still applies... I bought my supra for $4,300 with the sport package and leather... I couldn't imagine a MKIII supra going on barrett jackson w/ their prices

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I don't care what BJ, or the speed network thinks about my car.
And I'll be happy to drive around these 400,000.00 restored cars any time they actually make it on the road in anything other than a trailer.

People with tons of money, and nothing better to do with their time, tend to spend it on foolish things.

I like old cars, and restored ones, but I will never spend that kind of money on a vehicle that is not interstellar capable. LOL

Wreckless

Master Lurker
It doesn't need to be a classic to sell really high on barrett jackson. Supra's aren't there yet because there's too many of them. But when all of us are 60 and retired and have lots of money, you can bet that there's going to be some crazy ass prices on rare MK3's and MK4's.
I have a feeling that the few RSP and Quicksilver FX 6-spd MK4's will bring money like whoa.
Or imagine 20 years from now and someone pops out of the woodwork with a '92 black/shadow grey turbo 5-spd targa with the system 10 sound system and 3000 original miles? Hell I'd pay $15k+ for that car right now, imagine once we all actually have some money to throw around?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
What gets me is this idea that "stock" is the only way to go.

There are guys at car shows that stick up their noses at custom parts, or better aftermarket parts, and only want to discuss the stock options and parts. (What a load of horseshit.)

Stock our cars are slow, underpowered and handle like the tanks they are.
Upgraded with a few select parts, they become a very fast, handle much better and are the cars Toyota should have built when this vehicle was produced. (Same goes for the MK4, they were seriously detuned stock.)

I'll give you a good example of "stock" or nothing.
Friend of mine has a very nice restored 74 Camaro. It's an excellent car, but when he rebuilt the 350 under the hood, it was put to stock condition, using stock parts, with no changes. Even the stock colors are used. (Ok, I and understand that, but dang, paint the alloy manifold and hide the better carb under the "stock" aircleaner... )
So, this engine makes like no more power than a normal 74 Camaro made. Great for crusing, and shows, but not much fun to drive IMHO.

To give you an idea of how much power the V8's of the early 80's, late 70's made, my 73 Camaro with a two barrel carb would spank all of the stock 350's with 4 barrel carbs made after it. (And I knew better than to run someone with a 70 through 73 4 barrel as they made more power than my 73 generally.) At the time, I had no money for mods, so a alloy intake manifold and larger carb, headers and such were out of the question. There were no easy tuning tricks on these old cars. I did all I could with advanced timing, taller air cleaner and flipped over the lid on the aircleaner so it would pull more air all around it. Pretty much that was about all I could afford as a teen. :)

Now as a almost 40year old adult, would I spend the 15k these old Camaro's are pulling at auctions like BJ? HELL NO. Especially with that old V8 under the hood. (Put one together with a twin turbo, fuel injected V8 and some excellent suspension parts, full interior and the like, and I'd buy one today for that price.) LOL

derK

Mar 31, 2005
CANADA
i saw a 66 cuda, that WAS in a home fire.........well not the car but it had substantial heat damage and it still sold for $600 000k. Retarded people.

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
yeah, i didn't mean in the near future, i meant in general since i haven't seen too many foreign cars at all the occasional mercedes and aston martins but haven't seen a jap car at all just wondering if any would ever cross the block. and i would expect to see a 2000gt way before one of our cars makes it

ross

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
It's all about what cars people grow up with and drool over. Like, "oh man Bobby has that new HEMI Cuda, I wish I had one!" I bet that by the time we are all in our 60's, the supra, rx7, and 300zx type cars will be on the blocks.