Barb fitting size from FPR to return line rubber hose question

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Hey fellas, I'm refreshing/upgrading my fuel pressure regulator lines to teflon lines. I'm trying to figure out the barb fitting size needed for the rubber hose that connects to the hardline going back to the fuel tank (the one by the firewall). Which barb fitting size do I need for that hose? 5/16? what would be that in mm? ;) I need to redo the line that goes from the bottom of the AFPR to the return line which is why I need the barb fitting.

Thanks

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Quick reference

5/16" ~ 8mm
3/8" ~ 10mm
1/2" ~ 13mm
5/8" ~ 16mm
3/4" ~ 19mm
7/8" ~ 22mm
15/16" ~ 24mm
1" ~ 25mm

Generally, you need special fittings/hose ends for Teflon hose, as it's designed to not stretch like rubber hose. Be aware!

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Thanks for the info. Do you know the size of that hose I mentioned. I believe it's 5/16, just not 100% sure.

Thanks

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Driftmotion sells an actual adapter that allows you to remove that last rubber hose.
At least if I'm thinking of the end that you're talking about.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
supraguy@aol;1987526 said:
Driftmotion sells an actual adapter that allows you to remove that last rubber hose.
At least if I'm thinking of the end that you're talking about.

Yeah, I've seen that one. Thks. In my case, I actually need to keep a small rubber hose section to put the flex fuel sensor in between. Driftmotion has another adapter to the AFPR for those wanting a rubber hose all the way to the hard line, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route. The listing doesn't specify the size unfortunately. I have one of the original suprasports AFPR kits that I bought from Jeff Montigny (anyone remember that name?) back in the days. It has a braided line coming from under the Aeromotive that ends in a barb fitting that then goes to that rubber hose then hardline. I'm trying to redo/replicate that line to something more e85 friendly since that original braided is pretty old by now and may not handle e85 to well. That's why I'm looking for the size of the AN to barb fitting piece. It's looking like the line is 5/16 which would mean I'll need a ~8mm barb fitting.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
On the return line, it's 5/16. I had a 5/16 barb that had an-4 female on the other side, and I used a -6 to -4 adapter to connect my -6an fpr outlet line.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
supraguy@aol;1987631 said:
On the return line, it's 5/16. I had a 5/16 barb that had an-4 female on the other side, and I used a -6 to -4 adapter to connect my -6an fpr outlet line.

Perfect! thanks a lot for checking to confirm.