Bad AFM electronics or something else?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
no intake leaks or boost leaks. Finally got an air compressor and tested for boost leaks. And sprayed for intake leaks and found nothing. Starting to think maybe its a fuel pump or fuel regulator, what do you guys think?

Brandongunter08

Nov 17, 2009
Efffingham IL
He is just trying to just his car running and you are just basically telling him he is retarded, but I know him personally and have helped with all his supra's he has taught me a lot and I have taught him some as well just because he can't figure this problem out doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Show me where I even imply retardation. I'm simply having some fun with him. He's a big boy...I'm sure he'll get over it.

I've tried to help along with others but the problem is he doesn't know what he doesn't know and refuses to listen. As for what he does know knowledge and diagnostic skill are only partially related. As 3p pointed out he's not very good at the latter.

Lastly, if you personally know him why aren't you there putting two heads onto the problem? It'd be more productive than bitchin' at me...

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Oh gezz people.. I am trying to listen but I am not sure what your trying to tell me. I've said this before. And I've been trying everything that people are telling me to do, and I still can't figure out whats wrong with the car. I really wish you would point me in the direction of what I should be trying next. That would be more helpful that us bickering back and forth. Obviously, I don't know what I don't know, that's why I posted this on the forum to get the help that I need. If you know something that I don't know about this this please tell me that way I will know. I'm starting to feel that everyone else is just as clueless about this as I am. Ugh.. All I'm asking for is help, none of this ^ crap.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Ok, some new news. Went out to take the car for another drive. This time I was actually able to drive the car, and I got some video that I will post up later. The problem is still there but it didn't stop at 1500 RPM anymore. The car hesitates and stutters but was able to accelerate more through the RPM range. However, I noticed something. The car sounds like its under a much bigger load than what it actually is. Like when I'm driving it it sounds like its brake boosting, or while I'm accelerating the RPM's will randomly drop on there own then bounce back up. But whatever the problem is it seems to have gotten slightly better, before I couldn't accelerate at all with out it bogging out on me.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Also it started throwing code 31 again. So pointing back to the AFM, the wiring, or the ECU I guess. Does anyone know what the wires going to the AFM are for? Like I'm trying to figure out which wire is for what, I can't find a diagram that labels them. I tested the wires going to the AFM for continuity. The two terminals on each end have continuity with a constant bleep 1 and 5. Then I tested the other terminals toward the inside of the plug with one from the end of the plug for continuity. None of the others had continuity except for 1. If you number the wires in the plug like 1 2 3 4 5 I tested 1 with 4 and got a slight bleep on the continuity meter. Not sure if those two wires should be reading that, if not maybe I have a short with those wires?

Also, when I was driving the car it is fine in higher RPM's now it runs smooth. But when its in low RPM's is when it runs like crap. Also, when driving it the check engine light goes off once I'm in higher RPM's. The check engine light is only on in lower RPM's like 1500-2000 and below. And that's where it really has a problem running, just low RPM's. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere with this!! So any thoughts please let me know.

Brandongunter08

Nov 17, 2009
Efffingham IL
jetjock;1838474 said:
Lastly, if you personally know him why aren't you there putting two heads onto the problem? It'd be more productive than bitchin' at me...

I am here helping and we are trying to figure it out but my fluke meter is at my house so we can't do a load test but when i can get back over here we will.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
So should E1 and THA be getting continuity? My E1 and E2 have continuity but they are grounds so I would assume they should. And thank you JJ that was actually very helpful.