Backwards battery

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
AbsoluteSpeed;1003717 said:
Which one is the EFI (im an idiot I know)

Ok open your hood then stand on the drivers side by tire you see battery ..right next to that is a long black box take the lid off.. there is a snap clip on the end of it near the engine... now you will see buch of stuf the fuse CLOSEST to the fender and CLOSEST to the battery... pull it out... and look at it...

went and took pic

Last edited:

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
It does not have the factory alarm. I had a CompuStar 2way put in a while ago. I have heard of alarms locking out the car but everything seems to work fine with the alarm.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
So I got ambitious and changed every fuse in the box but not the main and head relay.

I went to check a spank plug and when I pulled the plug wire out it was covered in oil. I stuck my finger in the valley and there is about 3/4 inch of oil. I know I have read it before but I forget, what causes oil in the valley? And is that the reason it will not start?

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
AbsoluteSpeed;1003846 said:
So I got ambitious and changed every fuse in the box but not the main and head relay.

I went to check a spank plug and when I pulled the plug wire out it was covered in oil. I stuck my finger in the valley and there is about 3/4 inch of oil. I know I have read it before but I forget, what causes oil in the valley? And is that the reason it will not start?

the valve covers are leaking around the front cam caps... and yes if all the wire holes are full of oil it will keep it from running as the wires will short out and not fire plugs

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Oil in the plug gallery will not stop the car from starting, it will cause it to run rough when it does start though.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Down but not out;1004469 said:
Oil in the plug gallery will not stop the car from starting, it will cause it to run rough when it does start though.

if the plugwires are compleatly soaked in oil.. yes it can keep it from running because the spark will not discarge to the plug....

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
When my brother did this, it fried a circuit in the ECU, my dad un-soldered one he got from pick and pull, re-soldered it into the old ecu, and it started up just fine.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Aspec;1004711 said:
Check the ign fuse in the drivers kick panel fuse box. That will give you a crank but no start situation.

_

I went to check all those fuses but when I went out to my car there was egg all over the side. So I cleaned it off and went for a little drive (with a different car mine still has not started) to see the guy I thought did it.

Either way I did not get a chance to look at the fuses I will have to do it tomorrow.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
People with nothing better to do than chuck eggs at cars/houses need to be GIVEN something better to do... Like cleaning the highways in a bright orange jumper.

Wiring in the battery backwards is not a good thing, there are a lot of circuits in the car that won't take reversed voltage very well.

Have you tried pulling ECU codes?