Back on the scene 92 Turbo

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
It's been a long long while, but I finally picked up another MKIII. I'm no stranger to the Supra community, but life has forced me to take a break for good reasons. I've owned a 90 NA Hardtop, 91 Turbo Targa, 86.5 NA Hardtop and another 91 Turbo Sunroof. I parted out and sold all of my toys, got married, bought a house and was lucky enough to become a father to a beautiful baby girl. My daughter is three now so I've been toying around with the idea of getting another project the past few months. About a week ago, I stumbled on a black 1992 Supra Turbo, dsg interior, sunroof, auto and ended up bringing it home the next day.

p2030888_1.jpg

p2030888_2.jpg

The car is stock with the exception of wheels, cd player and viper keyless entry. I'd like to keep the car all original, but lord knows that's impossible to do. The car drives nice and smooth, TEMS is functional, turbo spools nicely, transmission shifts perfectly, oil pressure and water temps are in spec... It's truly a joy to drive. That's part of the reason I may keep it "stock".

I took the car home and cleaned it up a little bit. I did a nice wash, clay bar all over, used a mild polish, sealant, coat of wax and ended up with a decently clean car. In the cleaning process, I found more dings and dents than I noticed when I bought it, but nothing that I can't handle (I think). The interior needs work, but I was able to bring much of it back to life using Griot's Leather Rejuvenator. I've said this before and I still believe it today...The MKIII Supra seats are some of the most comfortable OEM seats out there. These cars were so ahead of their time in so many ways.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p2030888_3.jpg

p2030888_4.jpg

p2030888_5.jpg

p2030888_6.jpg

p2030888_7.jpg

Glad to be back and I hope to meet some new people as well as hear from some of my old buddies.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Wow, she is absolutely beautiful. Nice find! I really like the look of the stock 5 spoke wheels on there. I might need to go and find some for my car to "upgrade from the sawblades". They give the car a much more modern look without being too flashy.

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
Silver MK3;2030908 said:
Wow, she is absolutely beautiful. Nice find! I really like the look of the stock 5 spoke wheels on there. I might need to go and find some for my car to "upgrade from the sawblades". They give the car a much more modern look without being too flashy.

I got crazy looks from people when I told them that I wanted these wheels and that I was going for the "stock" look. I'm really happy with the way the wheels set it off. I really need to lower it. I think that will really make it look much better.

Hybrid;2030913 said:
Love it, really nice car. Stock is awesome to :)

Would love to seem more pics of the interior etc to.

Thank you! The interior is next up on the list for restoration.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I'm a big fan of the factory 5 spoke wheels and being polished they look great contrasting the black paint. The sunroof is a nice touch , there aren't to many factory loaded cars running around that aren't targas.