Back on SM

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Hey guys, I used to be on SupraMania a long time ago when I was more closely affiliated with 935 Motorsports, but my account died due to inactivity.

Anyway I know a lot of you from the other forums, but just saying hi to anyone who doesn't know me.

I'm actually on my 5th mk3 (in order since 1998 - 86.5 n/a, 89T, 91T, 90T, and 92T). My previous Supra was a white '91 with 1JZ-GTE, full bomex, recaro SRD's, JIC coilovers, Racing Harts, audio/video system, and a lot of other mods, Little things in the car bugged me as I started to become a perfectionist, so I dumped the car for $5000, the parts from which I see now spread out all over the forums (for example the Racing Hart REV's that shows up on one of the Ride of the Month cars).

ronshouse.jpg

I stayed out of Supras for about a year and got my Mercedes, and never intended to come back until my roommate at the time SupraNick called me one day and told me there was a clean '92 for sale and I should check it out. Low and behold it was immaculate teal on shadow grey cloth, completely stock, with 98k miles, selling for only $4000. I couldn't pass it up, so here I am, with yet another chance to do it the way I always wanted to, which is clean clean clean, with unrelenting attention to detail. So far the car has 17" Volk TE37's, retrofitted Bosch/Philips bi-Xenon projector HIDs from a Volvo S60, and I still retain a fully built 1JZ-GTE from a previous project, which has forged overbore Arias pistons and all the best from Superior Automotive, the machine shop of choice for Driftmotion, and it will be hopefully going into the car with a single GT35R within the next 2 months.

ray.jpg

Anyway, that's the rundown. I'm mostly active on SocalSupras but hopefully I can meet some new people here as well.

-Ray

Last edited:

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
oscolivar1 said:
welcome back....can't believe u got that car for 4000...
thats thing looks amazing nice pick up!!!

Thanks, LOL I think it's karma because I usually sell cars cheap anyway. In the past 2 years alone I let go of a clean grey 90 shell for $700, my 91 jza70 for $5000, and a great condition Cressida with JDM MarkII stuff for $300.

But yeah I was stoked to find this 92, and even though it wasn't my color of choice, the teal has actually really grown on me, and I really enjoy its rarity.

-Ray

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
welcome. sounds like you've had your share of toyota fun.

very nice car(s?) i'm also suprised at the pricetag, what was the seller like? i'm imagining some older lady that didnt know what she had, but was good with servicing the thing? beautiful catch, keep it clean!

(nodoubt you will with your perfectionism...i know how that is!! kinda stinks sometimes but it pays off where it counts!)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
SupraBlur said:
Hey Joe, I heard you are selling/sold your car -- I feel really bad about that, I know of a clean 98 n/a cheap, text me if you're interested I'll try to find the details.

-Ray

it's not green is it?