Back in the game: 1990 GTE Targa -> Sloppy Cruiser / Racecar.

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
actually the ls6/ls2 heads were either casting 243 or 799, the truck l33 engines came with the 799 casting, the only difference between ls1 and 6s were the intake manifold up until 2001, cylinder heads and camshaft,

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
grifter679;2035583 said:
no t56 i see

Nope. As I mentioned before, I was tiring of getting burnt on deals for Tremecs. And realistically, the 80E is the better choice both fiscally as well as longevity at my planned power levels. The trade-off will be the extra work required to fit it, but it's nothing my drilling hammer can't solve. ;)

grifter679;2035584 said:
actually the ls6/ls2 heads were either casting 243 or 799, the truck l33 engines came with the 799 casting, the only difference between ls1 and 6s were the intake manifold up until 2001, cylinder heads and camshaft,

Correct. And even then, it's a matter of differences too minute to mention. (Such as the sodium filled/hollow valves.)

Yes and no. Don't forget the minor architectural differences between the LS1 and LS6 blocks.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
Got the last car buttoned up and finally towed the Supra home.

Nothing much else has been really going on however, work stuff has kicked up and I've got a family member in the Hospital unfortunately. Up side of things, a local buddy of mine is looking to change up the setup on his Turbo Trans Am, as a result I may be ending up with my hands on his current On3 kit to play around with fitment shortly. Lastly, I've got the Megasquirt about 3/4 assembled. Going to start hunting the scrapyard next week for some GM harnesses and Weatherpaks to mutilate and pocket.

/lameupdateislame. Sorry guys!

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
thats what i did for my harness, any gm vehicle from 97 up is a good choice, i used lsxtune.com for all of the pins and wiring to essentially make new connectors. there are some good cam lock delphi connectors that i may use.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
grifter679;2037148 said:
thats what i did for my harness, any gm vehicle from 97 up is a good choice, i used lsxtune.com for all of the pins and wiring to essentially make new connectors. there are some good cam lock delphi connectors that i may use.

Yess'r. Last MS installs I did or assisted with were all hybridized DB37 to OE GM harnesses, obviously this isn't nearly so involved, but either way I'm looking forward to that portion of the process. (I find soldering to be of a sort of Zen for myself. lol.)

Awesome site, pricing looks a bit lower than my usual source. Thanks man!

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
O opted away from soldering 100%, after some research I have gone toward 100% crimped connectors, my harness is essentially 100% new with all new wiring, for places where i needed to make y conenctions or multi connections, I am using nice barrel type butt crimps and heat shrink. I must have $300 in crimps and wire from that website. my original plan was to mount hte ecu in the engine bay, however I am going to reinstall it back under the dash, I will end up spending some more money on bulkhead connectors to make it removable