Axle Hub Question

1SLOMK3

Dec 4, 2010
Arizona
I have a Supra with ABS and my axle hub is all messed up :3d_frown: (dont ask) I have a spare but its Non ABS so no "teeth" or abs speed sensor. Would it be okay if I used the spare one I have? :dunno:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Well, if you do it with the wrong parts your ABS will not work anymore, plus there is a risk of undesired ABS operation occurring.

IMO, you should fix the car right and use the correct parts (unless you plan on removing the ABS completely)

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
^ what he said. the hub itself is pyscially the same, and will bolt on. but you will have to disabale your abs by pulling the big 60 amp fuse from the underhood fuse panel .

id use it to get the car mobile if its your DD, but if you have the time souce out one. PM me i have a 88 parts car with abs, and ill check out mine when i know which one you need

1SLOMK3

Dec 4, 2010
Arizona
Yea it is my DD. I looked around and couldnt find anybody parting out and all the junk yards around me either didnt have an mk3 or they didnt have abs. What else would that 60 amp fuse disable?

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Yeah...I had the same situation with my own car. My DD needed a wheel bearing replaced and in the process of trying to get the bearing out the hub it was stuck in was destroyed...well...the bearing never was able to be pressed out, we'll just put it that way. None the less, it's my DD and I needed a hub quickly. Only thing I could find was a non-ABS hub. Shop moved over the rest of my assembly in to it and drilled a spot for the ABS sensor as the tab to mount it on is still there (just no holes), but no good. I've got the ABS light coming on after it does it's self check when you start rolling with an error code on that sensor not reading :(.

On a side note, should I pull the fuse on mine as well? Is there anything hurting it driving it with that sensor not reading and the ABS light coming on?