Auxiliary fan?

NIXmx

Oct 7, 2007
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
I don't know if the turbos have it so forgive me if I posted in the wrong section. Is the auxiliary fan constantly on? Could I use 12v and ground wire for it to power an electric radiator fan instead? Thanks.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
The aux fans (little ones) are for the AC when you switch it on. If your going electric then get one that has a kit to come on when the car warms up. They usually have a probe that goes in the upper hose or in the radiator fins.
There is also an adjustment to vary the temp it comes on at. Look at the fans available at summitracing.com to get an idea on whats available but you
can usually get it cheaper elsewhere but summit is reliable.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
f00g00: I have one of those kits. If you don't have a temp. gun to set it with, it can be difficult to do correctly. Summit also has thermal fan switches for controlling the e-fans in different temp. ranges. They screw into the t.-stat housing. I prefer one that comes on at around 200, and goes off around 185.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Yeah a switch that will screw into the thermostat housing would be perfect. Do you have a number for it?
I bought a flex-a-lite dual universal for my K5 Blazer and the switch crapped out after one year. It has a probe that goes in the rad hose. Id like to get a switch for the tstat housing for my Supra so I can install a 14" perma-cool like this one,
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294924500+4294839058+400006+115&autoview=sku

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Yes we know, the link I posted above is for a 14" perma-cool that ive read on another forum is an excellent choice to replace the standard clutch fan and you can keep the AC fans to boot. The flex-a-lite dual universal ones or those made specificly for the Supra require the whole shroud to be removed but the perma-cool can I beleive be mounted with the existing shroud with a little fabbing.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Yup 1-2 in the fan shroud infront of the alternator and ac compressor and one pusher on the condensor out front.