Auto tranny question!!

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
hey so i have an auto tranny that i pulled out from my mk3. well im about to get ready to put it back in, but i need the cables that attach to the tranny. there are 3 connectors that are on the tranny with no lines. When i pulled it out there was only on line connecting to the motor, but it snapped :3d_frown:. So if any one can please help me, ive been searching and searching. Do you know what the 3 cables are? where they go? or even if you know what one of the cables are for and where it goes? any help would be greatly appreciated. :1zhelp::cry::1zhelp:

thanks

mk-3-4me

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Theres only one cable from the transmission. One cable is throttle from the pedal, One cable is from cruise control, And one cable is the throttle valve position cable from the transmission.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
im sorry my bad i meant to say line instead of cable. there are 3 connectors on the tranny with some metal line broken off still in the connector. Ill try to throw a pic or two up when i get a chance. thanks for the response t hough.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Theres two cooling circuit lines that come off the passenger sside of the transmission. The foward one is the out and the rearward one is the return IIRC.

Those are the only two lines on the A340E

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
5uautotrnnyj

well heres a pic of my tranny. There are 3 connectors with broken off lines that i dont know where they go. The one on the left, one in the middle and then the one thats to the right of the shifter linkage. any help would be nice. thanks

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Its hard to believe noone knows what im talking about. If any of you have ever swapped motors you had to of had to worked with the lines that are on the tranny that im talking about. what are all the lines that are on an a340e tranny? where do they connect to? look at the pic and please help guys!!!

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
the one on the left is the speedo cable the one in the middle and on the right are cooler lines... i would not run them to the original trans cooler if your trans went bad get an aftermarket trans cooler...