Auto to 5 speed Swap

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
I have been looking at a nice 1Jswapped 91 MK3 supra for sale near me. If i wanted to do 5 speed swap how much would it cost and what parts would i need?

please help me:icon_bigg

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Cost is all relative to the price you get on the parts. Do you need a new clutch and PP, will the tranny require a rebuild, does it come with the correct Bell housing, etc. However, at a minimum you will need the tranny, bell housing, appropriate length axle, master and slave cylinders, manual pedal (and new or cut down brake), clutch hoses, clutch disc and PP, pilot bearing, probably a throughout bearing, trany support stays (wings) as from what i hear they are different, tranny rear mount, and some misc items such as fluids, bolts, and worn seals. This is just a quick list off the top of my head others are much more knowledgeable and have done these many times.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
since it's a JZ swapped car, if you choose to use the R154, you'll also need the R154 1JZ bellhousing. Which goes new for ~$300. I'm sure you COULD find used but I don't see them pop up often. A R154 in good condition I've seen go from $300 up to $600. If you buy new clutch kit (disc/pp), flywheel, used pedals, used driveshaft, new clutch master and slave cylinders, new pilot bearing, etc...

I'd budget at least 1500 for the swap.

Can it be done for less? Sure. If you're lucky.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
personally for me, i always buy a new clutch and pp for any 5 spd swap. normally i will buy a upgraded clutch, saves work later on if your going to build it up later on.

my last 5spd cost me 2500 cdn. but i bought mostly all new parts, and shipping the tranny cost more than i paid for it!. but also got new stage 3 clutch, new pilot/throwout bearing, new flywheel, new master/slave cyls, new clutch lines and a new short shifter. tranny, d/s and crossmember were used, as was the clutch hub, but i did overpay for the tranny (i was quoted 1000+tax for the tranny, hub, cross member and d/s)

roystunna

May 27, 2009
USA
It can be done for around $1500 - $1800 in your area if you do some research, and i have a feeling i know which 1j swapped mk3 ur looking at too

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
and a driveshaft

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Jay C;1668189 said:
Cost is all relative to the price you get on the parts. Do you need a new clutch and PP, will the tranny require a rebuild, does it come with the correct Bell housing, etc. However, at a minimum you will need the tranny, bell housing, appropriate length axle, master and slave cylinders, manual pedal (and new or cut down brake), clutch hoses, clutch disc and PP, pilot bearing, probably a throughout bearing, trany support stays (wings) as from what i hear they are different, tranny rear mount, and some misc items such as fluids, bolts, and worn seals. This is just a quick list off the top of my head others are much more knowledgeable and have done these many times.

and a mt driveshaft