Auto Kick down cable question.

kingsupra

Jul 14, 2006
d-town,colorado
Hey everyone, I was doing the accumlator shims to my automatic tranny today. And when I was looking for the kick down cable I couldn't find it. so I took off the valve body. I saw it for like a slpit second and then it snapped. So now I have one loose end attached to my vavle body. And the other end is inside the tranny.

I was wondering if it would be possible to reattach the cables some how. LIke could I fish out the other side?, use a new cable all together?, or something of that sort. Or would I have to get a shop or professional have a look at it. I wouldn't like to do it, but if I had to, I would.

Do I really even need the cable if I was to have it sit fully open all the time anyways? I just have to find a way to do that. If it's possible, any suggestions?

Well thanks for any help.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Get a new cable. Yes you do need the cable. You can adjust the line pressure in the valve body & run w/o it but I would only do this as a last resort. If this is your daily driver. To do so would cause alot of heat in the tranny & burn up the clutches etc. Not sure how or if the other part of the cable is in the tranny because it go's into the valve body as shown.

manual.aspx

And attaches to the throttle valve cam as shown below.

manual.aspx