Auto 1JZGTE Driveshaft Options

SIX_SEVEN_ONE

Feb 26, 2013
Guam USA
Hi there,

Gonna need a drive shaft to connect a auto 1j to my 90 hilux but not sure what drive shaft options I have.
Anyone know what shafts are compatible? SC, IS, any other toyota???

Thanks!!

SIX_SEVEN_ONE

Feb 26, 2013
Guam USA
I shouldve been more specific... What front shaft can I use? The part that slips into the trans. I got the back half covered. Just need the front so i can have a shop combine the 2.

Thanks though

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'd recommend hitting up Shaftmasters! I don't know if you want a one piece, nor what material you want it made out of, but they do custom stuff and they're pretty reasonable. I did an R154 trans swap and put an aluminum shaft behind it. Out the door it was like $350-$360, which is not bad at all seeing as you'd come pretty close to that trying to source a stock replacement. Just my two cents!

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I wish I could find a carbon fibre one for a 1jz manual in canada, I think I'm just gunna get a alluminum one made up at a local shop. but an sc/supra/arristo/soarer as long as they use the same auto tranny any drive shaft should be fine for comparison.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I have a 7mgte front half and a soarer 1j front yoke, both auto, I am not sure if they are the same tho. I'll have a look when I get home.

SIX_SEVEN_ONE

Feb 26, 2013
Guam USA
Thanks everyone. Didnt see the need of a build thread as this has been done a few times but heres a sample pic.
Maybe I will start a thread on here?? We'll see.

Anyways thanks again for the help everyone.

p1925738_1.jpg