Auto 1J wire up

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
hey all, i have looked but really no look, I am concidering a 1J swap into a na/auto i have. and would like to go ahead and use an auto tranny behind it, all i can find out is that you can swap the tail shaft off the 7m auto tranny for tranny mount, but can't find out anything on wiring it up. car is a 87 na auto

thx for any help and input.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
the only reason people swap the tail shaft is for the speed sensor(abs).buy an auto jza70 clip or motor set and the trans mount will bolt up with no mod's.the mount is the same as the a340 turbo trans

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
suprahero said:
You can start by looking at this thread put up by Josh. It has numerous links and sites to check out. You should be able to find about anything you need in here. Your welcome, Jay..................;)

I thought this was stickied, but I found it like six pages deep in the buildup threads.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29567

i ckd that thread nothing on wiring up an auto tranny maybe i over looked it?

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
tsuper92 said:
the only reason people swap the tail shaft is for the speed sensor(abs).buy an auto jza70 clip or motor set and the trans mount will bolt up with no mod's.the mount is the same as the a340 turbo trans

i didnt know that thanks for the info

what i have found out is that there is about 3-4 wires that need done, and to disconnect the MA70 auto ecu and it's the wiring up im looking for. i have tried many google searches and search here turned up nothing as well.

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
i looked over the site, and have that wiring diagram, and untill i get a auto 1j here, i guess i could figure it out. but was hoping some one had some sort of a write up on doing a 1j auto. if any one has this i would greatly appreciate it.

odomd

computer illiterate
Jan 11, 2006
nj
If you get an auto 1j even if it is a soarer 1j auto you can bolt it right up with few ajustments. The wiring is all in mating the harness with your body plugs that is if the harness isn't cut. So your not going to find any special tranny wiring diagrams. My advice is to at least buy a motor/tranny/harness combo un cut. Good luck.

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
odomd said:
If you get an auto 1j even if it is a soarer 1j auto you can bolt it right up with few ajustments. The wiring is all in mating the harness with your body plugs that is if the harness isn't cut. So your not going to find any special tranny wiring diagrams. My advice is to at least buy a motor/tranny/harness combo un cut. Good luck.

ahh, well i plan on getting a half cut neways, and it really should all be just plug n play?

now i was just browsing the supraforums archives and found this, that the chaser controlls it all but the jdm supra's the auto ecu was seperate??