At a loss on this one.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Ok so here is the problem, when the motor was removed the solid sending fuel like looks to me cut with a set of bolt cutters, so now its my problem. Its cut up far enough to where I cant reuse the stock line, does any one have an idea on what I can do here? I was told by auto-zone to just cut the solid line that's still on the car, farther back, where its still open, then put a size larger fuel line and slide over that to basically (what came out of there mouth) connect the lines. Now these fittings look to be all pressure fittings, so just regular clamps on will slip off eventually, and leak. Ill grab a few pictures real quick to better explain cause after re-reading it its a little confusing.

Ok here are the pictures

Here is the line on the motor, its the solid sending line for the rail.

p1739583_1.jpg

Here is the line that looks to me snipped with bolt cutters

p1739583_2.jpg

p1739583_3.jpg

p1739583_4.jpg

and this is the line that on the car, also I found another line, that I have no idea where it goes to

p1739583_5.jpg

p1739583_6.jpg

Last edited:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Ouch, that sucks. Because im 99% sure that thats your main fuel line. Its either, feed or return but im pretty sure that that one is the feed/pressure side.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Yea, those are definitely your fuel lines. the one that had the wrench fitting on it, or otherwise cut; is the high pressure line. The other is the return line, that comes from the J hook thing thats mounted on the block.

And i dont think you have to re-run the entire line, but you might need to reflare the line, and put a bunch of adapters with some new line to get it back to the other fuel line.

Other than that, couldnt really see anything else that could be done short of replacing the line; unless the pressure is low enough to just use a regular hose and hoseclamp but i have no idea about that.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
steven89;1739595 said:
unless the pressure is low enough to just use a regular hose and hoseclamp but i have no idea about that.

Not on a fuel injected car. Hoseclamps are a recipe for a disaster. Use the proper fittings for high pressure fuel.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Supracentral;1739600 said:
Not on a fuel injected car. Hoseclamps are a recipe for a disaster. Use the proper fittings for high pressure fuel.

Yea i figured you couldnt, but i wasnt sure. Thanks for clarifying! =D

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Isnt it just a flared fitting right>? I forget. If it is you just hack off the pinched end, slide the fitting over the tube and then re flare it.

For the other one do you have a charcoal canister?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Sounds like that line is for the charcoal canister unless its the fuel return. Its about the same 3/8th size line. Id say smell it for fuel but i guess that wouldnt really work for determining if its cc or fuel return lol.

Fuel return is just a clamp on hose. Low pressure. Id look for that and if its there then its the cc.

Its also a good thing to have as well. Id look for a jdm jza70 one or there are some other small ones that can be found in the yards, Iirc its a 3 way but idk for sure. That way you can stuff it in the fender well behind the fender liner and never know its there.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
hvyman;1739627 said:
Sounds like that line is for the charcoal canister unless its the fuel return. Its about the same 3/8th size line. Id say smell it for fuel but i guess that wouldnt really work for determining if its cc or fuel return lol.

Fuel return is just a clamp on hose. Low pressure. Id look for that and if its there then its the cc.

Its also a good thing to have as well. Id look for a jdm jza70 one or there are some other small ones that can be found in the yards, Iirc its a 3 way but idk for sure. That way you can stuff it in the fender well behind the fender liner and never know its there.

But if im not running any EGR, is it required?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Its better to keep it. Its not part of the egr system.

Basically there is pressure in the tank and lots of vapors. Those vapors and pressure vent off into the charcoal canister, which there is charcoal in it that converts any liquid fuel into vapor, and then its gets bleed off back into the intake. So nothing is lost.

They work better in cold spaces which makes the fender well the perfect spot plus you will never see it. I havent looked yet as im still looking for a smaller canister for my car but there should be some sort of spot that you can hide the hose and just run it up under the intake and out of sight.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
hvyman;1739638 said:
Its better to keep it. Its not part of the egr system.

Basically there is pressure in the tank and lots of vapors. Those vapors and pressure vent off into the charcoal canister, which there is charcoal in it that converts any liquid fuel into vapor, and then its gets bleed off back into the intake. So nothing is lost.

They work better in cold spaces which makes the fender well the perfect spot plus you will never see it. I havent looked yet as im still looking for a smaller canister for my car but there should be some sort of spot that you can hide the hose and just run it up under the intake and out of sight.

Yea my washer fluid reservoir has a leak so i'm thinking about removing it. I wash the car often so it probably wont matter. Then mount the canister there somewhere.

Anyway, we got tubing cutters, and a flaring tool....and got a bunch of different fittings and we are going to work something out...but haven't gotten to it yet....so the problem will be fixed in due time. Thanks guys.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ive never used the washer on either supra i had ever. Took that thing out when i did my swap. If you wash your car every week or every other week there really is no need for it.