As these cars get older its harder to find a "low mile" car......

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Parts car. You need every piece of trim around all the windows, full paint job with rust repair as well., engine rebuild and it has junk interior. I would love to buy it and waste tons of money and time. Oh and not drive it for how long. Buying this car to make nice is beating a dead horse.

If you are wanting to save money on a car is one thing but to not use sound Judge meant or a realistic budget is another.

The thing about saving money is getting a car that might need one system fixed.. IE; great car with bad engine , great running and driving car that needs paint. or good running car that has good paint drives great but the leather seats and armrest needs redone. These types of purchases can be a good idea. Getting a car that needs everything is a invitation to a car that will never be finished.

IMO

757_supra

Ich bin das boost!
Mar 3, 2012
US
Parts car. You'll soon be tired of poring $$ at it and still being a pile. In my not so humble opinion, always buy the best Supra you can afford. After shopping around extensively, not the first overpriced pipe dream that pops up.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
$400 for parts car. You said the interior was bad.

Spring/summer is a bad time to shop for bargains. Keep shopping. In September/October go back and offer him $400 cash and you will have a parts car.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Good points, and I believe I may have misrepresented what I want to do. Yeah I realize that a motor like this with the issues it may/may not have are well......cause for a rebuild.

You guys are right, and I think I will pass on this........unless the guy just takes nothing for it or I can find out just how bad the rust is.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
One thing to think about a parts car is what I want off the car. We made my 88' look like a 89 -92' style. Found a 90' 1j swap car that had caught on fire due to poor wiring job. The head was off the car but we did not want the engine. Paid $500 we used the tail light and rear center section tree piece spoiler, lamp failure sensor the doors and moldings around rear windows and hatch. Also used all the lock cylinders since they all worked good. All of the moldings were swapped over. Plus some misc here and there. Saved the oil pan and sub pan, mounts and bellhousing. If I am going "J" I want a 2J. Sold the short block and head for more than we paid for the car itself. Make a good plan look at several different priced cars and " don't get in a hurry".