aristo ecu vs usdm ecu

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
I will probably end up buying an aristo clip, and I was wondering, could I buy a usdm ecu and plug it into the jdm aristo harness, or are they different clips? I would love for the harness to clip right up! I already have a map-ecu I'll be running, so maf to map is no problemo. there is a g-force ecu on sf that is mighty enticing, but I don't want an ecu that I'll never be able to use. Thanks guys in advance.
I want to do this for the benefit of a 550 map vs a 440 map. Reason being, I'll one day throw in 720's for a 67mm set-up. 550-720 is a 26% increase, while 440-720 is a 39% difference. 26% will be a lot safer timing map.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
You will need to add pins in the ecu connector for the Maf plug to wire the Map-ecu, other then that will work fine. I am planning on doing this with my next 2jz swap.

I used to have a MKIV AEM Ems wired to my old 2jz swapped car, but swapped it for the aristo ecu because the buyer didn't want to pay the extra for the aem, worked flawlessly, so I know the pins are the same (minus the maf plug)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
need diff injectors on top of it? or are you getting the bigger injectors sooner than what im thinking :)? actually im curious what you are going to use in general for fuel hehe

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
yes, I want the benefit of 550's. I'll be running a BPU++ min (cams gears, and fmic with hardpipes). With that setup, I'll be 420rwhp EASY. that would be pushing it on 440s. great news with the ecu though!

edit*
This is all includeing an rsr exhaust, bcc, intake, and bcc, all at 18 psi. I already own usdm twins, so they will be up to the challenge.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Zazzn;893527 said:
why jdm twins rock, 20 PSI on my aristo, and no problems ;) spool so damn fast i love it

from what i understand, turning up the boost on the ceramic turbos is playing with fire. hit and miss..... plus, the compressor wheels are a little larger on usdm twins! :naughty:

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Zazzn;893527 said:
why jdm twins rock, 20 PSI on my aristo, and no problems ;) spool so damn fast i love it

You are a lucky guy :icon_bigg
I just swapped a 2jzgte motor from JDM Aristo car and everything is OK
except the ceramic twins...they are so close to blow up :icon_evil
I am running stock boost (about 10 psi) and my bov blows oil :icon_evil
My twin turbos have some serious problem...the main shaft is going as the
bearings of the turbos....

I am afraid to up the boost to 13-14 psi..(don't have the Greddy BCC)
I think I will kill them for sure....don't you think?

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
well I didn't swap i actually have an original aristo. My car had 74000KM on it when i bought it and now has 89000. I don't beat the snot out of it but I do do a few hit the overboost button (20-21 psi) and floor it until the rear end breaks loose then i get out of it. Just a little fun, otherwise most the time I run stock 10 (winter) and 18 summer. I have my fuel at low 11's though so it should be keeping it cool.

btw why get a map ecu it's garbage if you have JDM ecu, save your self all the trouble and get a emanage blue or emange ultimate. It will give you all the features + more...

Since it's a MAP system the emanage can stop boost cut and start fueling based on the map extending options it has... Seriously, if you take the time to read the emanage manual and learn how the features work, it's an amazing tool for the cost of next to nothing..... (for what it does)

Right now I have it getting rid of fuel cut, and adding fuel to keep me safe all, and extending my map with the pressure sensor... I also have a e01 attached to control my boost. (this was all in my supra, but yanked it out for the aem)

at bpu + levels it's been serving me faithfully for the last 1.5 years! can't argue with that!

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Zazzn;898608 said:
well I didn't swap i actually have an original aristo. My car had 74000KM on it when i bought it and now has 89000. I don't beat the snot out of it but I do do a few hit the overboost button (20-21 psi) and floor it until the rear end breaks loose then i get out of it. Just a little fun, otherwise most the time I run stock 10 (winter) and 18 summer. I have my fuel at low 11's though so it should be keeping it cool.

btw why get a map ecu it's garbage if you have JDM ecu, save your self all the trouble and get a emanage blue or emange ultimate. It will give you all the features + more...

Since it's a MAP system the emanage can stop boost cut and start fueling based on the map extending options it has... Seriously, if you take the time to read the emanage manual and learn how the features work, it's an amazing tool for the cost of next to nothing..... (for what it does)

Right now I have it getting rid of fuel cut, and adding fuel to keep me safe all, and extending my map with the pressure sensor... I also have a e01 attached to control my boost. (this was all in my supra, but yanked it out for the aem)

at bpu + levels it's been serving me faithfully for the last 1.5 years! can't argue with that!

interesting....... does the emanage have a 2 step???? also, can you raise rev limit, or adjust timing? Timing is the key, and that's what I really miss out with using my map ecu. thanks

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
gilberjj;899029 said:
interesting....... does the emanage have a 2 step???? also, can you raise rev limit, or adjust timing? Timing is the key, and that's what I really miss out with using my map ecu. thanks

i am going with the map ecu here :)