Aristo 2JZGTE MINES ECU?

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
I never really got a chance to look at the ecu that came with my motor set untill a day or two. Mines website isnt really helpfull as to what kind of modifications the ecu could have. Do you think I should email them with the serial number on the plaque? Or is there someone that could tell me what it could have?

p1160416_1.jpg

p1160416_2.jpg

p1160416_3.jpg

p1160416_4.jpg

Wreckless

Master Lurker
I'll be shocked if you get any response from them at all.

I tried the same thing a couple years back with the MINE'S ECU I'd found for my yellow plug 7M-GTE. I got absolutely zero response from every angle I could find.

Typically they have a raised rev limiter and boost cut/speed cut removed, and are tuned for an essentially stock motor with just FMIC/Exhaust sorts of mods.
Though occasionally they are custom tuned for a particular setup like a single turbo, big injectors, etc.

If it idles and runs normally on stock injectors (440cc's in the case of an Aristo 2JZ-GTE) chances are its a typical 'Boost Up' tune and you can modify the car from there with known piggybacks such as an SAFC or MAP-ECU, much like many MK4 owners have done running a VPC+GCC or VPC+SAFC setup on a USDM G-Force ECU. Though keep in mind that since the JDM 2JZ-GTE ECU is already MAP, a MAP-ECU only gives you additional tuning range outside of the typical range of the stock MAP sensor on the JDM 2JZ-GTE.

For what its worth I've seen plenty of cars making 500-600+ whp on a stock JDM ECU with bigger injectors and an SAFC. Ideal? no, but it works with careful tuning and a good AFPR.

Hope that helps

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Yeah Im at a point where I have to decide what to do as far as power goals for the car. The aristo motor is in the car without the twins on it because I planned to go single from the get-go. I put 550s on the motor without realizing that they will need a resistor wired in. I dont know whether I should put some usdm twins on and throw the 440s back on and get it running so I can have fun with it or keep the 550's go big single and go crazy...I dunno I think I should have waited and found a usdm motor to begin with

Wreckless

Master Lurker
DETONATION666;1162988 said:
I mean if if its tunned for the 440's then it wont run right with the 550's? I was gonna run AFC so I asumed it wouldnt matter

Its not a problem to run 550's so long as you've got the proper resistor pack wired in, and you tune the SAFC accordingly.

At low rpm/throttle the ECU's own closed loop feedback from the stock O2 sensor will pull the duty cycle necessary to run the 550's, so plan on tuning the SAFC for higher RPM/boost. The SAFC will work well enough with JDM ECU to support any power you can safely make on 550cc injectors and probably up to 680cc or 720cc injectors - though I wouldn't go larger than 720cc. As the injector size goes up, it gets progressively harder to get a good tune when using simpler piggybacks like an SAFC.

If the motorset came with 440's and the engine was near-stock then I'm almost certain that ECU is a simple 'boost up' reflash, so get that SAFC and those 550's in with a proper resistor and you'll be good to go.

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Wreckless;1163017 said:
Its not a problem to run 550's so long as you've got the proper resistor pack wired in, and you tune the SAFC accordingly.

At low rpm/throttle the ECU's own closed loop feedback from the stock O2 sensor will pull the duty cycle necessary to run the 550's, so plan on tuning the SAFC for higher RPM/boost. The SAFC will work well enough with JDM ECU to support any power you can safely make on 550cc injectors and probably up to 680cc or 720cc injectors - though I wouldn't go larger than 720cc. As the injector size goes up, it gets progressively harder to get a good tune when using simpler piggybacks like an SAFC.

If the motorset came with 440's and the engine was near-stock then I'm almost certain that ECU is a simple 'boost up' reflash, so get that SAFC and those 550's in with a proper resistor and you'll be good to go.

I apeciate any advice people have im on the learning curve with this motor for a while I was really into German I-6s but mostly all rules still apply.
I was searching on supraforums for a while and couldnt find a thread about how to wire in a resistor anywhere maybee im retarded but sometimes people that dont share info.
Would it be possible to swap in H.I. injectors without having to wire in a resistor and then the car would run ok?

Last edited:

Wreckless

Master Lurker
DETONATION666;1163616 said:
I apeciate any advice people have im on the learning curve with this motor for a while I was really into German I-6s but mostly all rules still apply.
I was searching on supraforums for a while and couldnt find a thread about how to wire in a resistor anywhere maybee im retarded but sometimes people that dont share info.
Would it be possible to swap in H.I. injectors without having to wire in a resistor and they car would run ok?

Absolutely - most people just go low imp because there is a much wider selection of inexpensive low imp injectors in the normal aftermarket, plus the stock USDM 550's are low imp and a 100% drop in to the JDM 2JZ-GTE, except for the resistance difference.
Since a set of used USDM 550's from a 2JZ-GTE can be had for literally like $75-100(or less!) a set of 6, even if you buy the new Toyota OEM resistor pack and wire that in it still ends up being much less expensive than buying 100% drop in high impedance injectors from the usual JDM suspects like SARD, Power Enterprise, Greddy, HKS, etc for upwards of $100 PER INJECTOR.
The vast majority of existing big fuel system kits available these days also anticipate the resistor pack and thus include top feed low impedance injectors. While you can find high impedance top feed injectors that will fit the Denso pattern top feed rails for the 2JZ-GTE like the HKS fuel rail, they are expensive when you do and they aren't available in nearly as many sizes.

Note that most other fuel system kits and fuel rails available in the 2JZ-GTE aftermarket here in North America are set up to use domestic pattern (Siemens, Delphi etc) top feed injectors and not Denso pattern top feed injectors. I do not know if high imp top feeds are available for domestic pattern rails.

Hope that helps

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Im only looking for the 400-600HP range give or take maybee a 60-1 or a 35R I think it should be possible with pretty simple piggy backage I guess? I need to find a reliable not too crazy fuel system. Maybee an MK4 pump if it fits and an aeromotive FPR from there I dont know what to do yet just looking for some set ups. I really think that money isnt an option with fuel because its definatly an area I dont want to cheap out on. I just Wanted to find out what the ECU has done to it so I know what I can run as far as fuel with it or whether it would be smarter to find a stock one