Aristo 2JZ MK3

92ma71

Jun 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
Hows it going Supra Mania?
I have been out of the loop for many years. Long story short (military). I am still currently in and I am ready to stop letting my MK3 sit.

I have a 92 7MGTE

I traded my 66 Galaxie for:
Aristo Front Sump 2JZGTE
GT4088 Journal Bearing Turbo- .72 and .81 A/R
Manual Trans (not R154 or V160 so not using) I believe its a W58

I have since aquired:
Rear Sump Oil Pan Setup
Full Manual Transmission Swap (as my car is currently Auto)

My questions: (forgive me if I ask something that has been asked, I have spent MONTHS Researching and just want some clarification)

I plan to get USDM Cams
Do the Single Turbo conversion with the GT4088
I have a set of 560CC Bosch injectors in my 7MGTE that I plan on putting on the 2JZGTE

My questions involve the MAP JDM vs the USDM air flow meter I guess it has?

Alot of people say convert everything to the USDM.

My questions are is it a Air Flow Meter like the 7MGTE, if so I really do not want that.
Im also considering just doing the Dr. Tweakd harness with the Stand Alone up front so I dont have to worry about matching computers and piggybacks and stuff but thats a big chunk of change so still considering other options.
Since ill be upgrading injectors (ill most likely get the resistors put in)

Anyone have any input? Thanks in advance. Also, ill be selling my 7MGTE and parts and stuff, had the car since it had 30k on it, has 120k now. Ive done 2 HG, Never got it right I guess

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
When i did my aristo 2jz conversion i went straight to a single turbo and standalone ecu and it was the best option. Removes alot of wiring thats not needed in the harness and makes things a little simpler in the long run.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
I did yes, initially it was wired for a powerfc so it was the same procedure as wiring up a stock ecu, i then recently rewired it for a haltec as i got a good price one but it didnt have an adapter to 2jz wiring, so i re-pinned it all. in the process deleted alot of un-necessary wiring. It took time but with enough reading and some good tools it wasnt that bad of a job. I was quoted around $500 for a shop locally to do it so that was my motivation to do everything DIY.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
I went with Dr. Tweakd for my 1JZ harness. As someone who is bad at wiring it was the best money I spent on my swap. Expensive, but saved a lot of hassle.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Yeah i seem to be strange as i like wiring. When you have all the pinouts, a heap of masking tape to label each wire and some quick strippers it becomes a little easier.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
046b7184e7a5df44930f1aa16e7ab697.jpg

If you like diy you might want to look into using a megasquirt ecu, it's made for us diy types