Apparently there are 5Zigen copies now...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
mattjk said:
WOW, that's scary. A thin spoke cast wheel...

Rota made a volk / grams light copy (Rota Attack), and they all cracked.

Ayup. That is some frightening shit...

Fletch124 said:
Thing with ebay wheels are that none of them are wide enough.

That's because they are made for riceboys with Hondas...

The rims linked to above are likely a deathtrap waiting to happen.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
i dont know about others but i pride i guess on buying products from the companies that made them. not neccesarily my rule on everything but definatly wheels. knock offs are cheap for a reason and nice things are priced the way they are for a reason.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
my rims are 17x7x5 witha 42mm offset :'(
anyone wanna buy them? lol

but yea, i would NEVER trust those wheels. even if i had a honda. not to mention a big ass boat of a supra.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
stratoayu said:
my rims are 17x7x5 witha 42mm offset :'(
anyone wanna buy them? lol

but yea, i would NEVER trust those wheels. even if i had a honda. not to mention a big ass boat of a supra.

I'll bet one lap on Road Atlanta would put an end to those things (and the car they were, albeit briefly, attached to...)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
When I bought my supra the kid had put some ebay knockoffs on it, they were like 18x7.5's with an unknown offset. They were beat up all to hell, looked like someone drove the car in between two narrow curbs and played ping pong on the rims. They had brand new tires on them (still do pretty much) and found out why... I was driving home one day in the summer at about 65 MPH and heard a loud POP and HISS! I was like "WTF!". I pulled over and had a flat tire. Changed out to the spare and limped home. Inspected the flat tire and found out the rim had cracked and it wasn't for the first time! I had cracked where someone did a shody repair job on the first time it had cracked. Scary shit guys, DON'T BUY EBAY WHEELS! Still got the rims, three are in rough condition from the previous owner, but the tires have maybe 500-1000 miles on them and one brand new tire (ordered the new one and that's when I found out the other rim was shot) Funny thing was, the tires the kid put on it were like 215-30-18's or something similar to that, anyways, smaller that the stockers with no sidewall whatsoever, but they would be some good, cheap tires to make a burnout video with ;).

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
:werd: I'm glad he gave me the sawblades when I bought the car because they got put on right afterwards. BTW, the car was like 70 miles from my house when I bought it, I got home, put MAYBE 20 miles on it when that happend.