Apexi SAFC keeps resetting to factory setting

hd63pan

Mar 31, 2009
Westville, SC
Hello, This is HarryO, and I have a 1991 supra.
I have installed the latest version of the Apexi SAFC, checked and double checked all connections, and every time I get in to crank it, the SAFC has reset itself to the "hotwire" setting, instead of staying on the "karhmin" setting. I do have an electrical disconnect switch, but even when the power is left on, this darn thing resets to the factory hotwire setting. Has anyone else had this problem? Any info on this problem would be appreciated. I am now considering running an extra positive wire to the unit so it retains memory, but am wondering if this will affect the computer?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
When you attached your ground wires (Brown & Black), did you ensure that they were 1cm apart?

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
You may want to check with APEX-i, they have a tech form on their site:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/faq/
They have a contact phone number, that I have called in the past,
Tel. 714-685-5700

Seems to me that I seen something about a recall on the Neo.

Last edited:

just90gs

Supramania Contributor
Jul 21, 2009
yortown Va
gofastgeorge;1391380 said:
You may want to check with APEX-i, they have a tech form on their site:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/faq/
They have a contact phone number, that I have called in the past,
Tel. 714-685-5700

Seems to me that I seen something about a recall on the Neo.

yeah I had the same issue with an safc2 not to long ago on one of my freinds dsm I fixed

hd63pan

Mar 31, 2009
Westville, SC
Yes the black and brown wires are more than 1cm apart. I followed the instructions explictly. Being a retired mechanical engineer, I always read the instructions and follow to a T! This morning, I checked it again and it is stil set on karman, but today, it will not fire up at all. I'm thinking I am going to tell my girlfriend how much I appreciate her purchasing this unit for me, and go back to the original SAFC ver.1 that was in it and working fine. Probably see mine for sale at a discounted price on Ebay next week, LOL.
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES,
HarryO