Apexi Neo FC?

TurboToy-R

Apr 30, 2007
Duncan BC
I was at a local import shop today (only one on Vancouver island) and went in to price out an Apexi Neo computer. Told the guy I was having fuel cut issues. He replied with:

"you need that AND a fuel cut defense program/computer"

Is he right? Because I was under the impression from reading other posts on here that the Apexi Neo is able to get rid of my fuel cut problems.....

My set up:
3.5" BIC exhaust
Custom intake
Stock motor and stock twins on 1JZ (JDM)

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
it won't get rid of fuel cut, an apexi afc neo can only raise fuel cut when tuned and its not a computer its a piggyback hooked up with your stock ecu. your probably thinking of the apexi power fc standalone and you will need a fuel cut defender if you are using a afc neo

Last edited:

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Just an fcd should be okay with a good fuel pump.

Just about 1.0 bar is money on the twins but it cuts their life down.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I agree 1.0 bar is about perfect for the stock twins any higher and you will see very little performance gains. I have been running 1.1 bar and the performance increase is only marginal at best.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
What!! i ran the stock twins at 20 psi & they didn't blow!!! I ran my car real hard too, My car is BPU at the most & i do run a AEM ems.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The twins can handle decent power there limitation is Flow, EGTs ceramic wheel blow above ~1100-1200 ? I may be wrong to be safe i would do the best you can at 1bar and 440s after 1 bar you need major upgrades to fuel (top feed rail 500+cc injectors standalone ecu exhaust fuel lines aeromotive hi flow pump like the elimintor series fuel regulator etc clutch)

Prices just take off after 1Bar.
The factory map only goes to 1bar.
Also it have been prooven by many test the 2JZ & 1JZ maps have the same limit 1-1.2 bar

A standalone ecu is very much needed when passing 1bar most new ecus come with 2bar sensors built in like aem, stinger, wolf v500 3d

TurboToy-R

Apr 30, 2007
Duncan BC
Ok, so looks like I will get the Apexi Neo and just stop my twins from boosting so high. I do not know the reason for the high boost they are making, except due to the fact that I have such a free flowing exhaust and intake. Sounds like my next goal is to limit my turbos to 1 Bar (or just slightly below) So should I:

A)Put a restriction in the exhaust
B)Put a restriction on the intake
C)Make the waste gates on the stock turbos open up more (is that possible?)
D)Other alternative I don.t know about...

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
TurboToy-R;1116315 said:
Ok, so looks like I will get the Apexi Neo and just stop my twins from boosting so high. I do not know the reason for the high boost they are making, except due to the fact that I have such a free flowing exhaust and intake. Sounds like my next goal is to limit my turbos to 1 Bar (or just slightly below) So should I:

A)Put a restriction in the exhaust
B)Put a restriction on the intake
C)Make the waste gates on the stock turbos open up more (is that possible?)
D)Other alternative I don.t know about...

A) No - it will still kill your turboes if you put a restriction
B) No - You need free flow intake regardless. It helps in making power.
C) No - Just get a boost controller. Stock boost is around 10psi I believe. Do you know how much boost your car is running btw? Get a good boost gauge and then make a decision.
D)I had a 1JZ with stock twins for two years, and I sold that same motor and twins to a friend and he has been running the same twins for the last year. Both of us been running 17 psi tuned on this engine/turboes. It still has not blown after over three years. It still pulls like mad and no loss of power or smoke from exhaust. Maintenance and upkeep is important. A good tune is important. Get a Boos cut controller with your neo and this will help in you hitting cut.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
By the way i had the Chinaman Y-pipe & downpipe & holy crap that makes a huge difference!!

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Yea you control boost with waste gate or boost controller. Like shimming vacume pwm controlling. etc.

The Y pipe and exhaust allows your boost to really take off! light weight flywheel other mods could help this to happen also.

Neo FC, boost controller, turbo timer 440CC ~14-15lbs boost call it a day.