Apexi neo capable of 540cc?

BigSupe

Jun 16, 2007
England
Is the apexi neo suitable for my build? gt3076r, 540cc injectors etc
Some people have said that the correction factor for 540cc would be 40% which would throw the timing out too much, anyone else using this setup?
Other option is the emanage I suppose

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
It can be done but there are better ways. Correcting 440s on a 1J ECU tuned for 370s with an AFC is not bad but 550s are alot bigger than 370s.

In short, yes people have used injectors of that size with an AFC and made good power.

wynne240

Apr 3, 2011
greenville, nc
Im trying to figure out the same thing. Im doing a 1jzgte swap in my s13 240sx and running low on money and I have a apexi neo and 560cc Injectors and a top mount turbo and trying to figure out if I can tune a stock ecu enough with it to run this setup. I know the neo will tune to 50% and 50% over stock 370cc is like 555cc so im thinking I can. Im searching for answers but im tired of these mixed reviews and ppl burning ppl for asking questions and saying "search" but that's what forums are for is to ask ppl and help one another. So please if someone can help me I have several questions that ppl give mixed and unclear answers too. Thanks

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
I don't know what you guys are talking about with the correction factors being that high. If you were to keep everything else stock and upgrade to 560cc injectors, yes, you'd have to pull alot of fuel.

But you are adding a large turbo and more boost and air-flow modifications which will offset the addition of fuel. I have a Walbro 255 and 550ccs and my corrections are tame when I'm actually in the power, when it counts the most by far.
Anyone who actually knows about a setup like this would know that, if your friend is telling you you'll have to pull 40% correction while boosting, he probably isn't the best person to listen to. Stick with the people here.

As for having to pull 20-30% correction on idle, who cares?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
All of it depends on boost level and turbo.. One also has to factor in regular driving though.

As said above, jumping the gap from 370 to 550 is already decent but has been done fine many times. Now, the setups that try for 650s and up, I've almost always witnessed timing issues, singles/cams/ etc. This Pertains to the 1J.

The AFC is a bandaid tune, I use it for now, but I'll be going standalone eventually for safety reasons, and for the power gained.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
If it's all you can afford then it's fine, but there are much better options out there if you have the money. Just because it can be done doesn't mean it's the way to go. I'm not sure if you've researched exactly what the effect is that it has on the ignition timing or not, but if you're going to tune the car this way you should understand what it is so you can be aware of it.

Basically, when you correct for larger injectors, you're telling the ECU that the engine isn't under as much load as it really is, so that the ecu tells the larger injectors to squirt less fuel. The problem is, the ECU also uses the appropriate timing curve for a lower load condition.... except the engine is under a higher load. This results in detonation (there's a long and complicated reason for it, but I don't have time to type all of it, so just believe me). The only good news here is that the ECU on the 1JZ has dual knock sensors that hear the detonation and retard the timing to keep the engine from puking all over itself. You can help avoid the detonation by tuning the engine a bit rich, or by running water injection, or race gas... or you can just hope that the knock sensors and our remarkably detonation resistant engines save you.

So, it works, but it's not the right way to do things.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i've ran 550s with a walbro tuned on a 1jz ecu and safc2, it worked out fine for me but i was pulling fuel any where from 22-32% in some areas. i ran about 19-20 psi of boost most of the time, if you have a fpr and you are pulling to much fuel out you can always lower the fuel pressure. just becareful i once pulled 1% out and it added 30rwhp on the dyno probably because there was timming added when i subtracted fuel