Apexi intake

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
I bought a Apexi intake from the supra store under the impression that it was a direct bolt on to an N/A but it doesn't fit:aigo:... i assume that's because it is for the turbo version. Any thoughts on what to do about it ? is there an adapter or should i just sell it?

i can take pictures if necessary

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
dude

I don't use an Apexi, although I will upon next upgrade from K&N. I did however look at a few sites that offered the Apexi, it seems it fits both N/A and turbo models. It will require the removal of stock air box of course. Like I said it isn't showing a different number for tour N/A.... Good Luck ^^

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
It says on the site that the filter is NOT designed for the NA but can be made to fit with some minor drilling. If you're not prepared to do the modification then sell it and take it as a lesson learned to read the product description more carefully.

MK3.0dudeman;1066392 said:
sell it and don't even waste your money buying a intake on your n/a put it towards fixing the car or start saving for a swap.Thats my .2

20 cents is still more than bad advice is worth. There is nothing wrong with modding an NA as long as your power goals are realistic. If your using it as a DD it just makes it more fun to drive without the effort for power you're not going to use. Besides which, even if he does go turbo one day the intake will still work.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
The Apex'i intake for the 7M-GTE won't fit... as you well know. However, the Apex'i intake for the SW20 MR2 will fit. I'd see if they'll exchange it.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
FWIW, I dont really think my Apexi intake has increased performance as it gets rid of the "cold air intake" feature that the stock box provides, but it doesn't seem to hurt it and it sounds quite nice. :)

I'd like to buy/commission/make some sort of cold air partition for the filter while keeping it in the bay... I'm looking at you, CRE. ;)

Oct 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have the exact same problem. I bought the A'PEXi intake from suprastore.com too, and it obviously doesn't fit. I have been talking to a guy from suprastore, and he told me to drill, so I marked it out, and realized that I will drill into the chamber on the elbow, and I wouldn't be able to but nuts on the bolts also. So he is talking to the parts distributor, and then he is going to email me back, so if you want to let you know what he says, let me know.

And that MR2 elbow fits, no need for modification?

Thanks

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Quick Red Head;1067050 said:
And that MR2 elbow fits, no need for modification?

Yup, that's what Sparky's running. They have an almost identical VAF to the 7M-GE's. Ask Rob over at 935Motorsports.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
dude4253;1067114 said:
That would be really helpful

suprarx7nut I noticed you did a review of it on your n/a how did you mount it ?

I simply bolted it right up. I bought mine second hand from CRE, who apparently got the one for the mr2. I was unaware. :D

Mine required no extra work at all, unless CRE had already prepped it. :dunno:

It did include a few mounting brackets that are not even close to fitting in any way that I can see. (Which makes perfect sense if it is made for the mr2. ;))

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
So i've decided to buy an maf adapter for both the turbo and n/a and couple them together, I figure itll be the most cost effective way to do it. All i have to do is change the intake piping too which i planed on anyway

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
it will fit just dril 4 new holes and place it on

dude4253;1066241 said:
I bought a Apexi intake from the supra store under the impression that it was a direct bolt on to an N/A but it doesn't fit:aigo:... i assume that's because it is for the turbo version. Any thoughts on what to do about it ? is there an adapter or should i just sell it?

i can take pictures if necessary