Apexi AVCR install hell

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Have any of you had issues with your AVCR after install?

Mine is clicking LOUD under the hood I connected the boost sensor and boost controller as it said.

Im getting stock boost but it clicks like mad

What could I have done wrong? Im already mad at myself for dropping the crush fitting for my new guage into the dash of death. (I need to get another one now its officially gone)

V

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
double and triple check your install.

If this is the boost controller...my profec A solenoid clicks under the hood, its supposed to. Its audible at all times

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
robbo185 said:
double and triple check your install.

If this is the boost controller...my profec A solenoid clicks under the hood, its supposed to. Its audible at all times

This is as loud as my makita drill when its torqued.. I didnt expect it to be so loud...

Until I get another crush fitting Im not running the car as I can track the boost... damn that dash...

im hoping someone can post what ports go to what vacuum wise on the AVC-r to a CT 26

My install is on a 91 turbo 7mgte.

V

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Hmm... I have an avc-r installed and I've never heard of this 'clicking noise' before...

What exactly is the clicking noise coming from? The solenoid that the wastegate lines go to?

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Yes its the solenoid clicking like crazy when the car boosts.

I have a ct-26 turbo. According to the instructions I am supposed to run the vacuum lines from the compressor to the solenoid and then to the actuator.

I am worried that the lines are wrong. Im using NO and Com and the NC is vented.

What goes where on the solenoid on our car? Why would it click like this?

V

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
i can't help much, except that mine doesn't make a peep..
recheck all your connections.
my guess is that you have the turbo and wastegate vac lines backwards.
GL

Jun 29, 2006
upstate new york
im gonna go out on a limb here and say your lines are backwards like everyone else is saying. make sure you doublecheck EVERYTHING. it could be the smallest little thing your overlooking

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Im going to double check tonight.
Please someone that has done this install: What did you hook your vacuum lines to, com-> actuator, NO-> compressor? Did you use NC?

The instructions were a bit vague on my type of turbo...

But it does boost stock I believe... just seems weaker

V

Does my signature show up? I havent seen it yet....

Last edited:

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
ya ive had a avc-r also for a few years now and it hasnt made a noise yet. but right now my solonoid is busted doesnt work anymore so im on stock boost.think its siezed up or something. but i would check if your ports are correct.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Well I went over the vacuum lines and the com goes to the actuator and the NO goes to the compressor.

I boost ok and at low boost I dont hear the clicking but when I nail it and boost I hear clicking from the soleniod.

Im still figuring out the programming and all I want is possibly 10 PSI for now... Just something to light up the butt dyno.

I loosened up the solenoid some as I thought maybe it was too snug.. Maybe it needs to NOT be on the fender well? (its next to the Tems unit)

Any help is most appreciated guys the suggestions are helping...

Oh and I will post pix of the hot controller install I did... heh its unique in its own 1991 way.

V