Anyone with the TTR Recaros run a 5-point harness?

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I'm looking at getting these seats...

p1084255_1.jpg

They look almost identical to the TTR Recaros, and what I'm wondering is has anyone run race harnesses with them? And, if so how did you route them?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
sorry can not see the picture. Blocked at work.

The question I would pose is. Do you have a full 8 point roll cage in your car? One without the other is completely useless as it is a system.

Ie. Harness without proper roll cage means incorrect mounting points in most cases that can be detrimental to ones health.
A roll cage without a helmet is not good for a persons head.
A harness without proper seat means getting nice marks if you are lucky.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I get what you're saying. The car is due for a roll bar, 6 pt for now, which will be fine for what the car should run. No need for door bars yet. (Or should I?) The harness also will be mounted to the bar. Helmet is already taken care of.

I take it I shouldn't run harnesses with those seats, because there are no holes....Not really that big of a deal I suppose I had been wanting to get Kirkey's for the car anyway, guess I can get one and make it fit for the drivers side and just put it in when I have a race.

Just have to make the OEM seatbelt setup work with those Corbeau's, because I really, really want them.