Anyone using the Prosport Oil Filter Adapter?

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
Looking at getting some more Prosport gauges and was just curious as to which oil filter adaper I will need although I imagine its the one that states "fits most toyotas" but was just curious if there were any fitment issues on the 1jz since the oil filter is already a bitch to get at. Thanks to anyone with info!

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have the adapter plate and everything seems to go together nicely. I am just waiting to install it on the car because I am waiting for a socket that is big enough for the fitting. With the test fit there was no clearance issue.

Last edited:

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
10secdream;1029591 said:
I have the relocation adaptor and everything seems to go together nicely. I am just waiting to install it on the car because I am waiting for a socket that is big enough for the fitting. With the test fit there was no clearance issue.

Does the relocation adapter work with the adapter plate or is it a unit all unto itself?

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
i had one of those adapter plates on my 1j and the damn thing just never sealed right. it always would leak oil so i just took it off and no more oil leak. instead i was just gonna use the stock 1j oil pressure sensor location to install my prosport oil pressure sender. i actually havent gotten around to doing it as yet because of the tricky spot its in but ill let u kno how it goes as soon as i get it done.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
#1StunnaVic;1029870 said:
i had one of those adapter plates on my 1j and the damn thing just never sealed right. it always would leak oil so i just took it off and no more oil leak. instead i was just gonna use the stock 1j oil pressure sensor location to install my prosport oil pressure sender. i actually havent gotten around to doing it as yet because of the tricky spot its in but ill let u kno how it goes as soon as i get it done.

Where is the stock 1j oil pressure location?

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
10secdream;1029877 said:
Where is the stock 1j oil pressure location?

Behind the AC pump.

The ProSport sender won't fit, you'll need to get the line from Driftmotion:
new_top_plate_in.jpg

The stock sensor is 1/8 BSPT and the ProSport sender is 1/8 NPT, so you'll also need an adapter for that between the Driftmotion line and the ProSport sender.