Anyone running their twins with 550's in the rail?

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
I'm going back to my twin setup and have the MKIV swapped injectors in. I was wondering if anyone has done this with any complications. I figured that the boost would have to be turned up a bit to compensate for the fuel. Let me know what I'm getting into.:1zhelp:

big yoggz

chuckmuska2005;1221786 said:
I'm going back to my twin setup and have the MKIV swapped injectors in. I was wondering if anyone has done this with any complications. I figured that the boost would have to be turned up a bit to compensate for the fuel. Let me know what I'm getting into.:1zhelp:

as long as u have the resister pack from the2jz then u should be fine

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
chuckmuska2005;1221786 said:

I'll trade you my stocks for your 550's????? lol...just kidding ...Just like everything else i would asume that you need supporting mods, or you will prolly be rich as all get out...why the swtich back to the twins?

plus most have said that the stock twins won't make more power than the stocks injectors can support (safely that is) so why use the 550's?

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
He's the second guy I heard the last days,that he'll go back to stock twins...
Also many guys with stock twins don't have in their minds going single :sarcasm:
Twins all the way......:biglaugh:

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
SupraClaou;1221919 said:
He's the second guy I heard the last days,that he'll go back to stock twins...
Also many guys with stock twins don't have in their minds going single :sarcasm:
Twins all the way......:biglaugh:

The reason i asked is because he invested good amount of money going single..i was just wondering why the switch...Believe me if i could have stay twin i would have..it's just more cost effective to go single...All i want is a strong 400+whp, so the twins would be all you need for that..but to expect a pair of 15yr old turbos to hold that reliable is crazy, which is the reason i went single....another reason, to make 400hp on the twins you will need over 20psi, we all know that is a no no with those turbos for reliablity...

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
You can run 550s in there w/ no problems, but I'd STRONGLY rec an afpr on there. Mine is pig rich w/ 550s and a walbro. I had to turn the afpr way down to not stall when going wot.

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
I'm running a walbro with an AEM afpr and neo. The reason I'm looking to back to the twins is because I dont have another 1,000 to spend on a turbo. All that my build would need to finish is (the twins or the gt4088 turbo), a y-pipe for the twins or the single turbo down pipe, and electric fan for the cooling system.