anyone running a HKS VPC???

wikdMK3

Apr 29, 2005
Springfield,VA
i am currently running this on my vehicle but it seems that the map sensor has crapped out. i called hks and they said they discontinued the sensor for it 2 yrs ago. what i need to know is if anyone is still using this, and if they ever replaced the sensor, what did they use, and what are the procedures for making it work with the vpc. thanks.

freemoneey

Finally, it's ALIVE...
Jun 8, 2008
Dearborn Hts,MI
i am running the HKS VPC and a couple of weeks ago i had to replace the sensor( air temp sensor), is this the sensor that's mess up or the vacuum sensor (map sensor). this sensor is pretty hard to fail, i am curious how u know that this sensor is bad. and yes HKS doesn't sell this sensor anymore.

wikdMK3;1079519 said:
i am currently running this on my vehicle but it seems that the map sensor has crapped out. i called hks and they said they discontinued the sensor for it 2 yrs ago. what i need to know is if anyone is still using this, and if they ever replaced the sensor, what did they use, and what are the procedures for making it work with the vpc. thanks.

freemoneey

Finally, it's ALIVE...
Jun 8, 2008
Dearborn Hts,MI
Just thinking, if it has the same specs as the gm 3-bar, couldnt one just wired up the gm to the VPC. since the gm part is similar in function.

Will it work? I don't know. Just thinking that maybe it will work since HKS doesnt sell or make this sensor.

BillyM;1080170 said:
...similar voltage curve to the gm 3-bar.

--billyM

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
could try RHDjapan; I used a pressure sensor off of my aic and it works fine, it has a different plug so maybe get a new sensor and just splice in the new sensor with the old plug?

but i think the gm sensors are alot cheaper so maybe look one of those up, i was going to run one till i took from my brothers aic sensor

wikdMK3

Apr 29, 2005
Springfield,VA
i was told that i couldnt use the gm 3-bar with the vpc because the voltage for it was different. and also the map sensor from hks was a 2.5, how ever if anyone is using a gm 3-bar with the vpc, could you please explain to me how to wire it up. thanks

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
...the gm 3-bar is a common VPC replacement in the DSM crowd.

Hit a google search on it.

Have you actually verified your map sensor is bad?

--billyM

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
GM 3-BAR MAP sensor does work if you wire it in correctly.

The 3-Bar MAP sensor can measure boost levels up to 28 PSI

pin-out:

A - Sensor Ground
B - Signal output - VPC pressure sensor Blue wire
C - 5vdc input (when measured with Black (ground) wire on Main VPC harness)

wikdMK3

Apr 29, 2005
Springfield,VA
when i was trying to get my car tuned, once it started to hit 15psi, the fuel cuts out. when i run 10 psi, i still have to add 15% fuel with the HKS GCC for it to run normal so my tuner said i needed a new map sensor for the vpc