Anyone know anything about media center 2005?

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
I had connected it to my xbox 360, and I learned that I could record tv on my computer. So I went and bought a tv tuner card (usb), it's a Pinnacle HD Pro Stick. I have a coax cable running to it from the back of my dvr box, and I got it to where I could get the tv onto my screen on my computer. My plans were to use it with windows media center. I have 2005 edition media center on my computer, and whenever I try to setup the tv, the very last step says "IR hardware not detected". So I did some research and I figured out that I needed a remote and receiver for my laptop. My dad just got a new computer so I took his IR (infrared) stuff - remote and IR blaster with the little IR receiver. I thought I would have the problem solved, but I don't it still doesn't recognize the IR hardware, even whenever I can control the media center with the remote... :confused: I have spent alot of time reading stuff on google about how to fix this, but I still haven't found an answer. Has anyone done this and had it work?

I know this is a long shot but hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks,
Craig