anyone here ever built a website?

jdm-rhd

Jan 19, 2012
orbiting caprica
a video game/movie store is giving me a shot at making a simple website for them.

also a guy who finds, collects & sells artifacts is wanting me to get his going, link it to ebay & keep it up and running.

never built one before so i was looking for some tips & ideas...

thx in advance!

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
Its very easy if you have the right tools. I have done it before, but since i have not done one in about 5 years or so The software on even online websites can help guild you without even using HTML codes.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Give some consideration to using Google sites for your non-commercial web site. Very easy to maintain, and google gadgets and google docs allows for some decent bells and whistles.

You can also go this path for the commercial site, but if you are long term looking at integrating with a SQL database or other complex features then probably better off with a wordpress/joomla/drupal content management system (CMS) based site.

Last edited:

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
if you want something braindead easy and have a mac iweb isn't half bad. If you want to get your hands dirty get a copy of dreamweaver and go from there. I've built a few websites and while its not hard the devil is in making it look decent and easily update-able.