Anyone having problems installing shineauto sideskirts?

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
So I have these Spec-B Sideskirts ("bomex replicas") from shineautoproject laying around.
Bought them 2 years ago, from a guy who bought them from a guy. Unpainted, seemed testfitted however never actually used on a car.

I testfitted them last saturday, and one seems to have been altered by the first owner so it doesn't fit well.
Anyway I did the other one also and it bolts right up, so far so good. However after fitting my door wouldn't close fully.

The dome light would stay on and even after loosening some bolts on the skirt to re-position it, the door would close, the dome light would go out but the door does not seem to have that flush fit with the body of the car that it has without the sideskirts on.

I am in no way a professional when it comes to fitting a bodykit but i've always done all the work to my supra myself.
Could it be that I'm overlooking something, or maybe the skirts are bent or twisted? Or do more of you people have fitting issues?

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Enraged;2079836 said:
This isn't meant as a dickish comment, but have you looked at install videos? A quick search led me to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLe9WDmhAvk

Obviously not a Supra, but maybe browse through Youtube and watch some videos, it might give you some tips on how to install yours.

thanks. In fact I have seen this video and other videos prior to installing.
However I cannot see how your answer is helping me in knowing whether it is normal or not for a supra MKIII with this specific sideskirt from this specific seller to cause the door not to close as it should.

hvyman;2079883 said:
Body work is rarely bolt on. Usually needs some sort of trimming or modifying.

Yes I know and that's not a problem really, I can do that. Anyway most of the posts I've read on here state that it's a 90% or better direct fit. Mine are a 50% at best.
I'd like to know if that's normal or maybe I have bought a piece of shit.

And do you perhaps know if it is normal for doors not to close after installing the Spec B skirt from shineauto?

Thanks!