Anyone have any interesting/cool collections?

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
So I'm sitting here thinking - if money were no issue - what kind of cars/trucks would I own and what would I do with them. That led to thinking about car collections, which led to random collections. Sooooo, do you collect anything? Swords, bball cards, movies, shoes, etc? Pics are always welcome.

Dunckel

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've got a pretty huge rock collection packed away in the attic.

I also collect these guys (1/60 scale Perfect Grades)

p1929140_1.jpg

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
about 600 license plates, all 50 states, 3 canadian , and one from every decade back to the 20's

and a collection of military arms... mostly russian and ww2 era german stuff

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Do Cigars count if I end up smoking them after a few months? Guns is a given...same with cars...

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
I "collect" aluminum scrap,
melt it down in a foundry type deal I made and then cast it into random things.
( picture frames, butterflies, skulls, random little things I make) getting good enough to start making more complex stuff now
odd hobbies count?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1929140 said:
I've got a pretty huge rock collection packed away in the attic.

I also collect these guys (1/60 scale Perfect Grades)
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has some cool rocks sitting in a closet. Will probably unpack those one of these days if we are able to move into a different house...

Also, I have a bit of a laugh at the fact those Gundams are still a foot tall, even in 1/60 scale. :p Little jealous, but I don't have the patience to put that stuff together. I'm more a Lego kind of guy.

iruyle;1929166 said:
i have about 1200 hot wheels cars in blister packs...
That... is awesome. I still have about a dozen, mostly well-used Ferrari and Lamborghini hot wheels from when I was a kid. Didn't know it then, but the F40 was my best performing hot wheel track car. Funny to think, that of all the hot wheels I had, it best represented the real life counterparts in capabilities.

fixitman04;1929178 said:
about 600 license plates, all 50 states, 3 canadian , and one from every decade back to the 20's
I gotta ask, is that on display somewhere, or stored? I wish I could get an era-appropriate plate for my 46 Chevy and actually license the car with it, but something tells me they'd still want those stupid little stickers on them, and that just might ruin the whole idea.

As for me, over the years I've collected a decent amount of video games, mostly Playstation and PS2 era stuff, posters, I even have a Resident Evil wall clock with the first zombie in the game in the back. Gotta love odd old video game store displays...

Probably the only proper "collection" I have is PSM/PTOM magazines. I actually just picked up the last handful that I didn't have this afternoon. Have probably spent WAY more than I'd care to admit on all of it, but it's been a gradual buildup. Most of it is in great condition still, in fact the first issue (and a few others) are literally brand new, have been stored in the original mailers they were sent in (the previous owner bought them as back issues, and kept them in the mailers for... 14 years?). Kinda cool if you're into that sort of thing, and I grew up reading the magazine. :)

...plus, it keeps the book shelf from going anywhere, with ~190 issues on it. :p

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
not currently te
they are stored at my parents right now... waiting on my "man cave" many a day was mis-spent in my youth. collecting plates from abandoned farmsteads following my photographer aunt around the country.

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
Me I have a collection of random cans from my travels around the world right now. My favorite can is the one that my wife got me it is an energy drink called PU**Y. Taste horrible! LOL

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
No worries Fixitman, will surely make a cool display upon some walls someday, looking forward to it!

clutch;1931654 said:
Me I have a collection of random cans from my travels around the world right now. My favorite can is the one that my wife got me it is an energy drink called PU**Y. Taste horrible! LOL
Hahaha, must have been spoiled. :p

Now that you mention it, I guess I do tend to keep one bottle from each soda (bottles only, except for my Japanese can of Mountain Dew that a bud got me when he went there many years ago) that I enjoy that are not easily found where I live. Keep them on top of the fridge.

Used to have a "victory" bottle collection at a former house that myself and a few friends lived in. It got to a point where we begun to question whether we were alcoholics or not...

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I like the gundam win collection, I tried to collect oldschool DBZ characters but everytime I got one another one would go missing... I guess when your a kid it's hard to keep cool shit just laying around. Now I collect parts for my jdm ttr haha. But I do have a oldschool muscle car diecast mini collection. and this crazy sticker collection ontop of an old coffee table.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
clutch;1931654 said:

This?
[video=youtube;_W28z03BpIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W28z03BpIQ[/video]