Anyone have an experience with any of these lowering springs?

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Alright, well Im looking for another set of lowering springs for my other Supra. Currently my N/A is on Eibachs with KYB GR-2's in the front, and Monroe SensaTracs in the rear. They're fine with me, I'm just opening up to trying something different. Im looking to purchase a set of springs for my Turbo and have come across the following brands:

- D2 Racing SportTech: F-2.0; R-1.6 (Would it be too aggressive of a drop, or are the rates just overexaggerated?)
- Street Sport Industries (SSI): F-1.5; R-1.0 (similar drop rates to the Eibachs)
- B&G (B+G) S2 Sport: F-1.5; R-1.5

Those are some I came across with "budget" in mind. Then theres the H&R's that Im also interested in. Ive seen alot of good reviews on these, but I was just wondering if anyone could chime in on the above brands with their experiences. I plan to pair these springs with either Tokico Illumina II's or JDM Bilsteins, both of which I have already. Pictures to accompany your reviews would be nice as well :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Thanks for the move Supracentral. Sorry if I put it in the wrong place, thought it was directed toward suspension.

Anyways, has anyone had an experience with any of these springs?

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
I've got the B+G with Tokico Illumina II. Overall it's a nice ride and it's well worth having TEMS.

The only complaints I have come from not having sway bars and needing to get around to my rear subframe bushings.

Attachments

• DSC01236_small.jpg
    DSC01236_small.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
mkiii222;1519273 said:
I've got the B+G with Tokico Illumina II. Overall it's a nice ride and it's well worth having TEMS.

The only complaints I have come from not having sway bars and needing to get around to my rear subframe bushings.

Wow, that looks pretty good!

kanji1jz

kanji
Jan 16, 2008
tampa fl
I have the Eibach springs on KYB gr-2s and I love them. I have stock suspension components other than that and I corner pretty damn well. I know that the more expensive ones would please me better but right now I don't have the money to invest.

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Yep, the Eibachs are great. I have them on my N/A supra. Im looking to try something different on my Turbo one though, right now its on stock springs on Tokico Illumina II's.

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
hvyman;1519644 said:

Yea I love the stance of the H&R's, but I dont wanna be too dumped/low to the ground. Houston roads are terrible, lol. I am considering them though. My friend has them on his Supra and it looks really good.