anyone have a picture of the hydrofan ecu connection on the engine harness?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I'm trying to locate it so I can connect the ECU without having to pull the harness (it's routed behind my radio), and see the location of it will help me figure out how to attack it

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mark, if you haven't talked with me by the time you read this, give me a call and I'll telll you what I found out. Thanks.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Can anyone tell me where I plug the hydrofan ECU in? Where is the best place to locate it in the car? THanks for any help.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
rakkasan;1651910 said:
I'll be pulling my dash out soon, I'll get pics of it

So there is a connector already wired in behind the dash, even though US supras never had hydrofan setups?

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Ok so I'm still pretty confused as far as where the hydrofan ecu is supposed to clip in. I do not see any connection on the existing 1JZ harness, though I can find mulitple locations (2) in the car where the connector will clip in, I know neither of them is correct (see below, hah!)

p1663394_1.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you can, please be very specific, ( little details help me a bunch!!) thanks!

r45marsh

Old MotorHead
Sep 22, 2007
Huntsville,Alabama
My 1JZ came with the HydroFan, no HydroFan ECU. I mounted the ECU/Controller above and in front of the lateral support bar with the inputs from the radiator Temp. Sensor and outputs to the HydroFan pump. The other inputs I picked up from patching from Main ECU/Body Connectors. I'm still working out some 'kinks' in the wiring overall, but I haven't noticed that the HydroFan ECU/Controller exerts very much control over its pump. Bottom line, until I finish the wiring,... I like the concept and operation of the HydroFan, but the Controller is questionable.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
ok so I finally found it. The connection is on the original ECU harness. Seeing as how my harness enters the car on the driver's side thru a new hole I made, I've put the ECU under the stock radio location. With all of the connectors jammed in there it was hiding the hydrofan ECU connection.