Anyone have a Cb installed in a MkIII

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I thought about doing this once. There are antennas that arent the giant white whips. I thought about trying to use the rear window somehow, like mount the antennas on the inside of the car. My understanding of how they work is that they do have to be straight up and down, and the more metal between the antenna and the receiving radio the better the signal will be. Another option you might want to look at is a removable magnetic based antenna. We use them on the work trucks because when they are in transport the antenna will catch on the over passes

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
When I did my road trip up to State College PA I just stuck my 36" magnetic CB whip on the rear of the roof, drivers side. I ran the wire in the corner of the hatch where there was some space and then into the cab and closed the hatch. It was great for the trip up there and back, but I wouldn't do it permanently like that.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
I have thought about this before, but a 240sx

and considered routering out a channel in the trailing edge of the spoiler..

tuck the antenna into the resulting space

tucking the wires into the stock 3rd brake light grommet..

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
can't you get a converter so you can run a CB antenna in the stock antenna location and use it for both CB and AM/FM radio? i've thought about it for putting in a CB or police scanner actually.

i like the whip antenna/RC Car look :p

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
I've got that Android app Scanner Radio Pro with Bluetooth in the car. It has multiple Ada and Canyon County(among hundreds others) police scanner stations. If that's what your concern is... Works pretty good along with my laser/radar detector.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2