Anyone going to the USGP?

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I just love F1 cars, there really aren't any other cars like them in existence, although the turbo era was thier best time, stupid FIA and thier safety rules and engine limitations.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
OneJoeZee said:
F1? F1 is boring. :hsugh:

MotoGP is where it's at for exciting racing.
Just as long as you aren't impressed with braking and cornering speeds. ;)

I do agree it would be incredible if they were as unrestricted as they were in the turbo era. Even with all the FIA's meddling, technology has kept the cars sort of a step ahead of the rules all the time... for example with the new V8 formula; the cars still are setting lap records for tracks. They really haven't slowed down at all.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
What I found interesting, is that they're having to limit development in certain areas.... for example, the fuel inside the pressurized lines is approaching the speed of sound. Holy shit thats fast. F1 may have gotten pretty boring lately, but its still technologically astounding. Oh yea, CART is starting to do standing starts, and since they don't have launch control, its still full throttle revving madness. Shit it sounds good.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
When they did tha Racing Per Matchett thing on Speed about the fuel cells, I was pretty impressed that they run 1450 PSI of fuel pressure. (Just, on the topic of the fuel...)

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Hah! It was awesome! I absolutely love the whole atmosphere at F1 events!

Even if the race was relatively uneventful...

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Yea, I'm going to be bold... and say that he'll be this year's champion. For who knows how long if he's in the right car.