Anyone from the Sacramento region? Need help

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Hey any supra fanatics in the Sacramento area? I need to know a reputable machine shop that knows the 7mgte. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Especially with 7mgtes tight clearances on internals. I've called around a few shops in the area ( i just moved here 1 months ago) and many says I don't need to use a torque plate on the 7mgte. <--- crack heads.:aigo:

Nov 29, 2006
Vacaville, CA
There's a guy with a shop in Vallejo that specializes in supra's. He's a nice guy too. Tho Vallejo may be a little to far out for you. What are you getting done to your motor?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
As a machinist my personal thought is...for a bone stock rebuild a torque plate is not needed...BUT if you have any future goals of big power about 500hp a plate would be wise!

With the amount the arp or stock bolts stretch I can only see the block deforming .0003" if that...considing on a compression and ignition a cylinder expands ruffly .003" that .0003" isn't going to effect much....in my opinion.

When you start trying to push motors to insane amounts of power everything starts making big impacts on everything else....that's when small shit like torque plates start to shine....that's when a motor may blow if you fart at the wrong time and push the motor over the edge.

Again that's my opinion....I'm in no way a profeshional on this...the only thing I can relate to is parts I've made that spin well above 100,000 rpm etc.

And last I checked Toyota didn't use them either.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
O really? I heard it's a little insurance to use a torque plate. I appreciate your input. Vallejo?? Hum... if it means the guy know his stuff and the turn around is quick... then the travel isn't bad. Can you supply me with a number or address?