Anyone from Arkansas?

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
NWA has some fun roads, all the towns in benton county die around 9pm, so not much of a night scene unless you go to fayetteville.

Also it is easier and more legal to buy a handgun in nwa than it is to buy a 6 pack of beer.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
I'm NOT from Arkansas. But i live in NWA at the moment. It's pretty much boring, sure you have fun going to clubs & what not but after going & going & seeing the same faces you'll get tired. There's not much to do around here. I live in Springdale. & BOY. It seems like its the capital of Ricers... Civics EVERYWHERE!!! you'll get a bunch of crap from them. As funky_monkey58 said.. Everything is pretty much in Fayetteville. Dickson In Fayetteville seems to be the main attraction. In Rogers there were meets at Andy's Ice cream but ricers killed it. As for the supra in Springdale that i know of there are only 4 including myself,. In fayetteville, 3 MK3 & one MKIV which you'll always find at the NWA Mall parking lot.

Local website is: ozarkautosport.com

my Username on there is SDALE_87TURBO.

Hope you like the area.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Awesome. Thanks all. Not much of a club scene guy nor do i drink so the lack of nightlife is no big deal

my idea of a fun night is HID's, 5 gears, a Turbo, and clear mountain roads. Sounds like NWA is going to be ideal...

Sent from Android using Tapatalk

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
Its ok here, not much in the way of exciting things per say. Bella vista is a interesting place, lots of elderly live there and is mostly a golfing type community there. You will end up having to travel to Bentonville and more south to do your shopping etc. As Funky Monkey stated there is a whole ton of fun roads to drive on, especially in Bella Vista. I live in rogers currently.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Tail of the Dragon... not too far from there, realistically speaking, right? I know it's crowded and heavily policed, but would still be a nice cruising road.

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
Tail of the dragon? Can't say I know of it. Another note that I forgot to mention is that there is alot of drunk drivers here as well. It is a small college type area and it is a dry county as well, which results in either having to drive to missouri or springdale and fayetteville to purchase alcohol. not trying to be negative about it, just informing about it as I have had more than one occasion of accidents from being hit by drunk drivers.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
DreamerTheresa;1791193 said:
It's 8-10 hours from Arkansas. :p
Sorry, the southeast is the one part of the country I haven't been to. Unfortunately, enough of it comes to me... I swear, is it really so hard to enunciate when you speak?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Ok, great info. Stoked to get down there.
But (there is always a but) I just found out there is a yearly tax on my cars???? What the CRAP!
I spoke with the DMV today; BTW I talked to a REAL HUMAN BEING after the second ring (those that think that is normal call the PA DMV) she said the tax fees are based on county and vehicle. What is the usual tax amount? I will be moving to Benton County and I own an 87 Turbo and an 03 Passat GLS wagon.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
veedubin;1792651 said:
But (there is always a but) I just found out there is a yearly tax on my cars???? What the CRAP!
I spoke with the DMV today; BTW I talked to a REAL HUMAN BEING after the second ring (those that think that is normal call the PA DMV) she said the tax fees are based on county and vehicle. What is the usual tax amount? I will be moving to Benton County and I own an 87 Turbo and an 03 Passat GLS wagon.

I pay about $100+ for my 87 Supra Turbo & 84 Celica Supra. & If you ever plan on getting antique plates for the car (they never expire) its EXTREMELY easy. just fill out a form. (you must have another drivable car that doesn't have antique plates) Turn it in & you get the plate. The requirements say your car must be STOCK, or close to stock.. but when i got my antique plates they didn't do any inspections what so ever.....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
veedubin;1792651 said:
Isn't this just plate fees/vehicle registration? Both Wyoming and Arizona (the places I've lived so far) charge a yearly or bi-yearly amount for vehicle registration and plates. Wyoming, it's pretty obscene, I think I pay $130-140/year last I checked, on an 89 Mk3, and ~$85/year for the 84 Mk2. Arizona on the other hand, it's dirt cheap for plates. Think about $60 for 2 years on either car.

Where did you live that didn't have a vehicle registration tax?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
te72;1792937 said:
Isn't this just plate fees/vehicle registration? Both Wyoming and Arizona (the places I've lived so far) charge a yearly or bi-yearly amount for vehicle registration and plates. Wyoming, it's pretty obscene, I think I pay $130-140/year last I checked, on an 89 Mk3, and ~$85/year for the 84 Mk2. Arizona on the other hand, it's dirt cheap for plates. Think about $60 for 2 years on either car.

Where did you live that didn't have a vehicle registration tax?

NOPE.. REGISTRATION: $36 for the MK3 & $25 for the MK2 (& thats the last time im paying for tags for the MK2) then we get the vehicle property tax which = $100+

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Strange, never come across that before, but I've only registered cars in a couple places. Is that a one time tax when you BUY the car initially? If so, that makes sense. If that's an annual charge, that's kinda BS...

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
Haha, out here in fort smith 8-12 mk3's 4-5 mk4's. Honda scene is okay (Severall boosted and decently built) One Evo 9 with 800whp other than that your average southern hot rods running around.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
te72;1793383 said:
Strange, never come across that before, but I've only registered cars in a couple places. Is that a one time tax when you BUY the car initially? If so, that makes sense. If that's an annual charge, that's kinda BS...

No we pay Tags & Car Tax separately & annually..

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
Wait till you see what the taxes are in general here. In rogers it is right at about 10%, and fayetteville I believe it's right at 12%. Not sure about bella vista, which is county not city.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
HIGHSPEEDDIRT;1793943 said:
Wait till you see what the taxes are in general here. In rogers it is right at about 10%, and fayetteville I believe it's right at 12%. Not sure about bella vista, which is county not city.

Um sales tax? :eek: I thought state sales tax was 6%...

Sent from Android using Tapatalk

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
The Tax in Springdale is 9.25%

I worked at Sam's Club in Fayetteville (don't work there no more, Soooo much B.S.) They charge 9.25% and there are like 3 or 4 other taxes they charge.