Anyone else have issues with their fuel gauge on MKIII- Question Answered

I finally got my supra back on the road, but all of the sudden, i have noticed the fuel gauge wont go full. I went and fueled up last night and it only went up about 3/4. So then after 7 miles of driving, i fueled up again and got almost 1 gallon in, but it still wouldn't go up any more.

It is very strange, because i have been driving her for a year and i have never had any issues with the fuel gauge. Anyone ever experience this randomly?

Last edited:

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
viperkillertt;1131411 said:
Thanks buddy:)
TTFN
Now i need to be not lazy and actually fix it :)

It really does not take much time at all.

Pop the access cover, pull the sender unit, bent the arm then the reverse of all that.

15 minutes maybe :)

So what's the car running on now? get the MS all setup and running??

Justin;1131433 said:
It really does not take much time at all.

Pop the access cover, pull the sender unit, bent the arm then the reverse of all that.

15 minutes maybe :)

So what's the car running on now? get the MS all setup and running??
Sadly no, i had to get another stock ECU :(
But on a positive note, it fricken pulls like crazy!!! I think it actually pulls harder then the damn Blitz ecu. I don't understand it. I cant use my boost controller though. It hits fuel cut if i turn it on at 1 bar. So i have to turn it off. I learned it the hard way, i was at the track and i turned it on right before i went. Bad choice, i had a horrible time, but i still beat the mustang i was racing :)

I did 15 sec at 94 mph, without being able to go above 5k :) My reaction time was near a second also, so i know i should be around 13 when i actually do it correctly.

I was seriously not focused

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
viperkillertt;1131439 said:
Sadly no, i had to get another stock ECU :(
But on a positive note, it fricken pulls like crazy!!! I think it actually pulls harder then the damn Blitz ecu. I don't understand it. I cant use my boost controller though. It hits fuel cut if i turn it on at 1 bar. So i have to turn it off. I learned it the hard way, i was at the track and i turned it on right before i went. Bad choice, i had a horrible time, but i still beat the mustang i was racing :)

I did 15 sec at 94 mph, without being able to go above 5k :) My reaction time was near a second also, so i know i should be around 13 when i actually do it correctly.

I was seriously not focused

That's wierd that it pulls harder on a stock ECU.

At least its running again though. Those damn unreliable 1J's ;)

Are you in town now or over on the coast?

YES THIS THREAD HAS DERAILED. IT NOW BELONGS TO JOSH AND I. GET OUT!

Justin;1131445 said:
That's wierd that it pulls harder on a stock ECU.

At least its running again though. Those damn unreliable 1J's ;)

Are you in town now or over on the coast?

YES THIS THREAD HAS DERAILED. IT NOW BELONGS TO JOSH AND I. GET OUT!
HAHA!!! :)
Yeah, i am leaving for bellingham in a few minutes. I am just slowly packing up the supra and playing on the computer. I might just go and try that trick with the sender before i leave. It would be nice for it to work properly.

I think the reason it runs better is that it is actually getting the proper amount of fuel. The blitz just gave it too much fuel all the time and then would lean out when you need it. This is just doing much better. It goes down to about 12:1 at full boost, but runs a bit leaner the rest of the time. The blitz never went above 14.7 under any circumstances.

Also it idles a bit better now. :) It idles around 1000-1100 instead of 1300

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
viperkillertt;1131449 said:
HAHA!!! :)
Yeah, i am leaving for bellingham in a few minutes. I am just slowly packing up the supra and playing on the computer. I might just go and try that trick with the sender before i leave. It would be nice for it to work properly.

I think the reason it runs better is that it is actually getting the proper amount of fuel. The blitz just gave it too much fuel all the time and then would lean out when you need it. This is just doing much better. It goes down to about 12:1 at full boost, but runs a bit leaner the rest of the time. The blitz never went above 14.7 under any circumstances.

Also it idles a bit better now. :) It idles around 1000-1100 instead of 1300

Good deal.

I would have went out to the track the other night but I was 100 miles away at my parents house for the weekend.

Well, I dont get it. I did the trick and there was nothing on it and it was moving freely. SO what gives!!!

I drove 350 miles and damn it works weird. It is 3/4 full for the first 20 miles, then it goes upto nearly full then down and then up for a second then back down normally!!!

That is just strange!

But on a positive note, i got 27.3 mile per gallon!!! :) I drove about 70 for 2/3 the way and 60ish the rest. No cruise kinda sucks, but i am going to work on that.

I really like the stock ECU so far, one issue i noticed is that she runs a lot more hot now without all that wasted fuel. She got a tick above normal and i had to pull over for about 10 minutes to cool her down. I do not have a fan shroud on the car yet. The one i bought originally was broken and i haven't got a new one yet. I am thinking about going with the MKIV water pump upgrade and going to the clutch fan.

Last edited:

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
you need to make sure the arm has good contact with the windings.

it may seem like there is but it sure sounds like that's the problem.