Anyone 1JZ running 2JZ pump leak issue question..

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
The coolant bypass tube on my car keeps on leaking coolant. I am 1JZ with a 2JZ water pump. Done many times by many owner. The bypass tube is the 1JZ tube. Nothing new. The O ring used on the tube is a 2JZ like everyone told me to use..... But I still leak coolant? wtf? I am using the right O ring from Toyota too. O rings are not cracking but are the 1JZ tube too small? Thats like the only thing keeping me from driving my car for the past week or so.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
check and make sure you didnt damage the o ring when installing, my buddy added a ton of silicone to these areas just to make sure they didnt leak... been ok for a couple of years now

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
tlo86;1390406 said:
check and make sure you didnt damage the o ring when installing, my buddy added a ton of silicone to these areas just to make sure they didnt leak... been ok for a couple of years now

This is the 2nd time since my 1J swap. First time was on universal O ring and that melted over time due to heat. Now I am running 2J ones and its doing the same. I lub it plenty before install to make sure it does not crack. They are perfect condition. I am about to use that pipe silicone strips to wrap my oring and make a super tight fit.