Anybody used 4" mkiv downpipes on thier mk3's?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
This one in particular:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Don't really care too much if the midpipe fits, or if I have to have it modified slightly. I just want to know what you guys are using for a full 4" system and what you had to do to make it work. This will be going on a 1jz so I suppose I'd have to have it shortened about 1" on the straight down portion to keep reasonable ground clearance? My car is pretty low too.

If you guys have pictures of your setup that would help as well, I was thinking about going full custom but its expensive as hell so if I could start with that ebay one and only have to make a modification or two that would save me a lot of money.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
like u said jon, i think it will need to be shortened, and then for your style manifold, i think the v-band section will have to be lengthened by a short amount

KyleCim

Jun 11, 2009
Warren, RI
FWIW, I am running a 4" catback because I got my hands on it cheap, the ground clearance is terrible. My car is stock with the exhaust pulled up as close to the body as possible, not lowered and I will bottom the exhaust out occasionally. Sounds nice though.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
better to just have an exhaust shop build it imho 1/3 the price same difference, had them build mine.

they do fit the sc300 fine though i was surprised by that ;)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
better to just have an exhaust shop build it imho 1/3 the price same difference, had them build mine.

they do fit the sc300 fine though i was surprised by that ;)

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
look's like a knock off of the BL dp/mp.
i almost bought a used BL dp for mine,but was worried it would need some heavy modification's.i have the drewgo mani on my 2j

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
KyleCim;1362565 said:
FWIW, I am running a 4" catback because I got my hands on it cheap, the ground clearance is terrible. My car is stock with the exhaust pulled up as close to the body as possible, not lowered and I will bottom the exhaust out occasionally. Sounds nice though.
i'd like to check out your exhaust some day.if it's that bad,i might have to keep the 3" system.my car's got a decent drop.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I have a 4" stainless mandrel bent turbo-back system. I ordered some stainless bends and made it myself.

KyleCim

Jun 11, 2009
Warren, RI
tsuper92;1364024 said:
i'd like to check out your exhaust some day.if it's that bad,i might have to keep the 3" system.my car's got a decent drop.

Anytime, mine is the wonderful ebay/chinaman 4" with some modifications. It is solid mounted now. I go by the same name on FYC and all the other Local sites, feel free to shoot me a PM anytime.