Anybody Have These Mods

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
I'm thinking of doing these mods to my 89 turbo I recently bought, i was just wondering if anybody is running this setup or something similar, here are the parts I was thinking of Blitz cat-back exhaust and a blitz intake as well as an ETS intercooler kit. Everything else will remain stock for a while, in the future I would like to be around 350-400hp. Any help would be great, word on the good or bad of these parts.
Thanks, Nate

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
invest in turbo back...not just cat back as well as a new headgasket, or at least retorque the existing one if its not already blown

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
ill tell you what i have

K&N FIPK
BIC 3" Downpipe
3" electric exhaust cutout

other then that im alllll stock Id invest in a downpipe prefrebly one that replaces the stock turbo elbow. pull the stock one off and ull see the restrictions those fuckers have

if you dont know what a cutout is basicly with a flip of a switch the majority of the exhaust just dumps out the downpipe im keeping the stock catback system for looks. dont want any police trouble

Some useful sites

Suprasport.com
BICpreformance
Titanmotorsports.com
Horsepowerfreaks.com

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
horsepowerfreaks just buys from vendors like titan and a2motorsports... theres more than enough vendors on this site to get anything you need. especially from titan.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
i have the nurspec and i love it. my car has a more high rpm powerband that i wanted. it will make your car rumble. looks good, and the tubing is massive. more than enough for a moderate moded car.

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
So would a titan downpipe and blitz exhaust be a good combo? what is the diameter of the blitz exhaust? Should I also think about getting a test pipe to remove the 2nd cat, I live in sd and there are plenty of cars/trucks not running any cats. Which intake would be better blitz or apex.
The head gasket was changed 6k miles ago and Im planning on retorqing it when I do these mods.

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
N87Turbo;1043178 said:
So would a titan downpipe and blitz exhaust be a good combo? what is the diameter of the blitz exhaust? Should I also think about getting a test pipe to remove the 2nd cat, I live in sd and there are plenty of cars/trucks not running any cats. Which intake would be better blitz or apex.
The head gasket was changed 6k miles ago and Im planning on retorqing it when I do these mods.

Yes, get the cat taken out, if you dont have smog checks. Make sure your DP eliminates the elbow, if not buy a 3" elbow. I saw a sheet around here, comparing all the intakes, and the apexi had one of the best filtering, and 1 more hp than the closest competitor. I would switch but 100+ dollars isnt worth the extra 1hp

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
2.5'' metal pipes is the real benefit. not to mention a new IC will be way more efficent.

and if the filter filters the best, its protecting your engine which is easily worth the extra $100. you buy good oil because you want to protect your car right?

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
Get the BIC Divorced Down Pipe. Look in the vendors section on this site to find them. What it does is allows the wastegate to dump into another tube that is free of the main exhaust.

As for filters go with APEXi. Someone ran a filtration and flow test on the top brand filters and APEXi won out over all of them, Blitz, HKS, K&N

Go with 2.5" aluminum hardpipe to the stock intercooler.

And Invest in an Electronic Boost Controller.

BasicMinusBA

Awesome Member
Mar 30, 2006
East Lyme, Connecticut
Reaching 400hp is going to take a lot of work, maybe more than you anticipated id say the NUMBER 1 MKIII supra mod for anyone who wants to make real power is a metal head gasket, Call me crazy but i wouldn't increase boost on any supra without one

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
for the power hes shooting for is within the stock injectors, im sure once he gets it modded he'll want more! so the lex + 550 actually wouldnt be a bad idea... just get all of the other supporting fuel stuff (pump, fpr, safc/tuning device, and a good wideband)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Get hardpipes for the IC...

The stock IC is one of the best flowing stock IC's, leave it alone right now.

The Blitz SUS filter is only good at flitering small children from entering the engine, but it sounds amazing...

Elimination of the cat is retarded, buy a good highflow one so if I'm behind you on a drive I don't have to roll my windows up to stop my eyes from watering.

The Blitz NUR Spec is very loud with the silencer out, and with the silencer in you might as well have not upgraded the exhaust. It's also about 2" too long from waht I've been told. The elbow along with the downpipe are the worst restrictions anyway (but a full 3" exhaust has GREAT topend pull, and the responce is far better), so don't forget those.

I would work on upgrading what needs to be upgraded to keep it reliable. Make sure the brakes are in order. Clutch? Cooling system can never be too overbuilt, ect...

If you upgrade everything and pop a HG because you overheat, don't say I didn't warn you...

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Im running a titan DP and Blitz Nur spec. The Nur spec fit fine! I dont know why people say its too long:3d_frown: but ive got a custom testpipe so... Its a great combo and it sounds amazing going through overpasses at WOT:naughty:

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Need to know about condition of motor???

...Myself my gf has a 88 that just turned 100k miles... I dont think the headgasket been done.. atleast it does not look like it.. Its 100% stock sept 3 inch from turbo back.. Even has stock air cleaner.. and way its gona stay long as she ( we ) own it.. I drive it she doesnt drive much at all...I plan on... because of the bhg problems these cars have... In very near future im going to pull head have it surfaced for mhg...and im going to PRAY block is still strait..Arp studs and Stopper mhg..
I drive car gental but i know if it had a good head gasket WE could beat on it and not worry about having a bhg on side of road someplace.. For 1 if she sells car down road.. having a stopper mhg and arps only increase value as the new owner will be very happy thats done....
so imho how much you have to spend ? do the head gasket.. then play

Yellow car is her's... interior is ment sept the norm arm rest wheel and er brake.. carpet dash seats all mint.....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
The 89 I just bought has 111,500 miles on it with the original motor the head gasket was changed 6k miles ago (not mhg) I just orderd a titan downpipe, blitz cat back in a couple weeks I will be getting an apex intake and ets intercooler. Cost isn't a problem I just didn't want to take it to a machine shop , there aren't any I'd trust doing it around here no matter how easy it would be. When I get the MHG what size would be best 2mm or 1.4mm thickness, I would be using an arp stud kit as well.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
87M-GTE;1045980 said:
Im running a titan DP and Blitz Nur spec. The Nur spec fit fine! I dont know why people say its too long:3d_frown: but ive got a custom testpipe so... Its a great combo and it sounds amazing going through overpasses at WOT:naughty:

There's your answer.

The head NEEDS to be pilled as the fire rings in the stock HG tend to leave deep impressions in the head and not do anything to the block.

I wouldn't use a stopper HG on an unprepped block, mine wasn't prepped fully (very good cleaning, and used fine sandpaper stuck with water to a block of granite I have to make sure it was smooth enough) and I used a cometic HG to good success.

If I build a motor, it will be fully prepped for a stopper...