Any SolidWorks users?

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I used to a bit, haven't touched it in a while though. The company that I work for is moving to that exclusively soon so I should be back at it in no time (currently using AutoCAD and Pro/E). I have a lot of experience in 3dsMax, Lightwave, Rhino, Maya and some other smaller graphic 3d progs.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Not professionally (though I would love to) but I did take a class on Solidworks and thought it was just awesome to work with!

If you go down to the bottom of the page and look at the Similar threads, mine appears as the first one and has a very outdated image of a '7M' rotating assembly I was working on...

I'll try and remember to get an updated render soon

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
p1088244_1.jpg

p1088244_2.jpg

Couple of mine.

p1088244_3.jpg

p1088244_4.jpg

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
HommerSimpson;1088274 said:
Nice work... wish i could do that :}

Heh, LOT'S of practice and reading tutorials... but SW is probably one of the most straight forward 3D modeling programs.

Anyone else have some assemblies?
I'd love to see them with full screens so I can see how others go about drawing them.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Been a while since i actually used it hands on and really dont get a chance to use it much anymore at work. My student edition expired and you have to have a key to use the full version that only my boss has.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I worked with SolidWorks for a boiler company based out of Vancouver, B.C.... I went from never having used the program to being the 'guru' in my first 3 days of work... I did ALOT of swearing, lol. I did have a tutorial manual but it never seemed to explain anything similiar to what I needed, so I just figured it out via pushing buttons and trying different methods.

I don't have any of my work because it was all proprietary, but I did a few rediculously complex models and huge assemblies (a full working assembly of our main production boiler, right down to the nuts, rivets, and screws). It's a very intuitive program and its surface processing ability and 3 dimensional curve system is probably the best out of any program I've used.

Very pimp models Brent