Any R154 Rebuilders in NYC Area ???

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
supranasty;1446350 said:
Who rebuilds R154 gearboxes. NYC area ????? :1zhelp:

I took the gearbox to Reliable in middle village on Metropolitan Av. :cry:
Etown is Sunday and my car is down. Its poping out of gear...

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Where is the shop? I bought 1st and 2nd gears from toyota . Going to pick my tranny up from them they are NUTS.$$$

Last edited:

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
if your looking for a factory rebuild your best bet is finding a rebuild kit online "cheaper" and bringing it to a place like Habbys transmission in hicksville. Im sure there are a whole bunch of reputable tranny places near you though.

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
wolf31685;1447547 said:
talk to my boy detonation666 his friends dad own a tranny shop they were giving me a decent price to rebuild my spare r154

Huntington transmission is a good choice too. He is pretty good with truck trannies and ive seen him do yotas before without a problem. PM me if you want his info

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
If you guys are looking for stock rebuilds just find a shop nearby that offers warranties for their work. That way if they fu(*& something up they have to fix it.

If you want someone to build it to last and handle more power than a stock rebuild I would send it to Marlin crawler...I mean when it comes down to it you get what you pay for right ladies?

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
DETONATION666;1458651 said:
if your looking for a factory rebuild your best bet is finding a rebuild kit online "cheaper" and bringing it to a place like Habbys transmission in hicksville. Im sure there are a whole bunch of reputable tranny places near you though.

Got my Box, plus Driftmotioms Kit. M.C. Thrust,seat and scocket. My 1+2 were worn so I got New Ones. I Have Two Boxes Im Building Now. JR with the Black MK3 Say's He can Build Them. Im gonna check him out he's a tranny man .

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
cool stuff, def let us know how it goes-
local trans shops want around 1000 to rebuild the gearbox, and they don't even have to replace any gears
im stuck with 2 busted r154s right now, kinds frustrating

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Mr.Forks;1459551 said:
cool stuff, def let us know how it goes-
local trans shops want around 1000 to rebuild the gearbox, and they don't even have to replace any gears
im stuck with 2 busted r154s right now, kinds frustrating

Give me one theres no such thing as too many R154's even if they are broken lol

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
DETONATION666;1459648 said:
Give me one theres no such thing as too many R154's even if they are broken lol

exactly why i haven't gotten rid of the first busted one, just broke the other one earlier this week- forcing me to push my rebuild plans up much sooner then i had wanted.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Mr.Forks;1459651 said:
exactly why i haven't gotten rid of the first busted one, just broke the other one earlier this week- forcing me to push my rebuild plans up much sooner then i had wanted.

I feel the same way,collect them for parts\rebuild. They are rare now. JR the tranny man is a little busy so Im gonna wait for him. F@#k it seasons over anyway. Two boxes will be less then the 1500 the shop wanted for one and I will have marlin crawler inside. I will update you all.

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
supranasty;1459672 said:
I feel the same way,collect them for parts\rebuild. They are rare now. JR the tranny man is a little busy so Im gonna wait for him. F@#k it seasons over anyway. Two boxes will be less then the 1500 the shop wanted for one and I will have marlin crawler inside. I will update you all.

sweet deal, it looks like I'm going to buy a 3rd trans just to get it moving again by next weekend, which means ill have 2 to rebuild- if he does a good job i'll send him my work too

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
So far it seems im building these R154's myself. It doesnt seem to hard . I do have a press at work... The new 1+2 geaars ,marlin crawler parts and stuff. Im am a great mechanic, who knows it might work ...I heard I could do it myself. why not? Anyone have some tips? JR has been busy so I kept busy soon they will be finished. I had to order some parts ,retaining clips and new shaft nuts. Soon putting things back together.

Last edited:

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
:icon_bigg This is getting interesting . I will soon be A Virgin . That is after I finish Building these Three R154 Gearboxes . Amazing I have almost completed Two of them . Not Bad I was scared like everyone else . Now im confident. Im a Genius . You Guys can began to line up I may extend the service.To be continuied....

Last edited: